The 3-month wait for an iPhone in SA

TedLasso

Expert Member
Maybe ask your friend why he got 1TB of storage? Does he want space for ProRes video recording?... We don't have the answers.
He actually got it as sort of a birthday thing but he is not a pro person at all, in fact, I need to go help him swap his stuff over when I am back from him holidays. Prores video recording makes sense for most professionals I guess. As a tech guy (256GB) on my device, still trying hard to fill it and I have loads of Spotify, Netflix and Plex stuff downloaded.

Dolby

Honorary Master
What won best smartphone of 2019, and in what category?
I think that's your issue - you don't know anything more than an iPhone and what Tim Cook tells you to believe ?
Why don't you Google the phone and the awards ?
Do you really find it that unbelievable that another phone is better than an iPhone ?
Have you followed this thread at all ?

greg0205

Honorary Master
Oh I had no doubt you wouldn't be interested :) That's how it always goes, so it's predictable what you excuse is going to be.

Lucky the guys that actually care, judge and know technology disagree with you on whey level. It won Best Smartphone at MWC 2019 and a few other awards as well.

I think it beat the Apple XS Max or something?
Seems to me that it's just you and backstreet... In every Apple thread, ever.

Thanks for caring 'tho, Dolby. That's really sweet of you.

genetic

Honorary Master
I think that's your issue - you don't know anything more than an iPhone and what Tim Cook tells you to believe ?
Why don't you Google the phone and the awards ?
Do you really find it that unbelievable that another phone is better than an iPhone ?
Have you followed this thread at all ?

Dude, you're the best at playing hot potato. You make claims, then just attack when challenged on said claims.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

WalkWithMe

I'm pretty clued up on them - but I can see you feel you know more .

So tell me what you disagree with ?
Which iphone 6 or something? We talking iPhone 13 battery here; especially the Pro and Pro Max.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Dude, you're the best at playing hot potato.

Claims ?
What ?

Educate yourself - Type into Google and see what comes up ?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Dude, you're the best at playing hot potato. You make claims, then just attack when challenged.

Any would suffice.

genetic

Honorary Master
Claims ?
What ?

Educate yourself - Type into Google and see what comes up ?

Google tells me that the iPhone 13 Pro Max has the fastest mobile processor, best battery life and one of the best cameras on any phone.

Thank you Google!

Dolby

Honorary Master
Google tells me that the iPhone 13 Pro Max has the fastest mobile processor, best battery life and one of the best cameras on any phone.

Thank you Google!

Um.

We've had an entire discussion about a phone launched in 2018?
A full on discussion about awards and specs and hardware ?
We chatted about the iPhone XS it beat in the awards ?
Did you forget or ... are you, maybe, losing it ?

genetic

Honorary Master
Um.

What was the conclusion?
The A15 Bionic chip wins the hardware shootout for 2021. What's more to discuss?
The iPhone XS is almost 4 years old. Why are you going on about it in 2021?
Dolby, I don't know what you have against Apple's latest iPhone 13 Pro and Max models, but they are the benchmark when it comes to performance and cameras.

Dolby

Honorary Master
What was the conclusion?
Are you losing it @genetic ?
You were part of discussion of the past few pages ?
I answered you on everything you complained about ?

The A15 Bionic chip wins the hardware shootout for 2021. What's more to discuss?
Yes- and I've admitted many, many times that it's great at benchmarking.
The iPhone XS is almost 4 years old. Why are you going on about it in 2021?
The conversation we've had?
Are you old and forgetful ?

deesef

Expert Member
Blixem, this holiday needs to end so that the spoiled kids can go back to school...

Dolby

Honorary Master

I just came onto this thread to say I'd be happy to have waited for the Huawei in 2018 because it really was a fantastic phone . And, well, people don't like being told anything is better than an iPhone - so it really just degenerated from there. Sometimes I expect a 'yea, it could be better - but I like it' ... but that seldom happens .

moedawood

Well, at the time I could take low light / macro / ultrawide / manual - which no iPhone could do
I could charge at 40w wired and 15w wireless - which iPhone could do
It could do wireless charging of another device - which no iPhone could do
It was faster in the real world - and not just benchmarks and 3D rendering
It was the best battery when launched - unrivalled by any iPhone

It had under screen fingerprint sensor, Face ID, dual SIM, USB C, 500+ppi, HDR screen ...

But at this point I can already hear you say ;

'... but my battery is fine ! I've never had an issue and I carry a power bank ! Besides, Apple knew precisely how much power to offer us ! As for the camera, the iPhone camera is good enough for me - I'll use a DSLR for anything else! I'd never use low light - gimmick ! And charging ... who cares how fast it is ? And the screen - the market isn't ready yet for high res screens! Your eye can't see beyond what Steve Jobs said ! HDR ? Silly feature ! And who cares about a few seconds when opening an app? I spend all day 3D rendering on my phone - so I'm faster !' In summary, I don't care about a battery, camera, charger, features or screen ... you're just jealous !

And the integration between the multiple Apple devices is unreal ! THAT'S why I bought it ! I don't have any of the other devices - but the reviews say it's good ! '

I dont really think you understand Apple’s market. Apple’s market is the average user who uses the device for day to day use. Additional features are added when Apple can integrate that feature properly in a persons everyday usage.

I’ve used the camera on the devices like Samsung and huawei and as a person that is not into photography, the set up of the camera app and the settings are so complicated and cluttered. Ask the average user about those additional features and I guarantee they don’t understand half of what is going on.

Every feature you mentioned on your list is for people who are power users or tech geeks. Apple devices are not directed at those people.

As stated previously, let each person use the brand and OS that they are happy and comfortable using. End of the day, the two companies and OS’s are competition to one another which always benefits the end user.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I dont really think you understand Apple’s market.
I do. I really do.

It's just that not everyone agrees with you or is mature enough to admit it . You've said a trigger word yourself - 'average'

You cannot say an iPhone user is average or even above average
You cannot say an iPhone is average or even above average.

If you disagree with anything on it being the best, you will get trashed

Try tell @genetic he has an average user with an average phone - he'll lose his s**t!

Dolby

Honorary Master
And also doesn’t need 12GB of RAM to run Facebook.

I wonder if the iPhone can actually open Facebook any faster with that A15 chip ? It's doubtful because it's not a benchmark ...

EDIT : Oh geez - this is not expected ... this Huawei chipset is over a year old and seriously giving the A15 a run for the money ? It's opening apps faster than the A15? Maybe the A15 is broken ? Why is it battling with an old chipset despite the benchmarks ? Unreal :/

Last edited: