The 4-point check you must do to see if your MTN airtime is being stolen

OCP

Expert Member
Sure a simple 1 point check (do you use MTN?) would be quicker?
If the answer is yes - move to another provider ;-)

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Why must the client always do the checking... why can't the greedy cartel member spare a bit of pocket change and fix their broken systems instead?
We all know the answer to that question yes

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
if 1 person out of every 10 people with this problem dismiss it as whatsapp/facebook usage, then even though the other 9 people are refunded, the wasp still makes money and mtn still takes a cut of what that person pays.

playing the "we'll gladly refund you if you query these issues" card makes them look like they care, when actually if they *really* cared, then they'd make like the other providers and not let this happen in the first place.

Praeses

Expert Member
Why do these services even exist anymore? Do people willingly subscribe to them??

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
This is so terrible! It sounds as if MTN is not in control of their own network!

Magandroid

Expert Member
MTN excuses, excuses, excuses. Why is this then not happening with the other services providers?

Polly101

Expert Member
This can be done by following these steps:
  1. Dial *136*5#
  2. Select option 2 (Content Services)
  3. Select option 2 (Manage Premium Rated Services)
  4. Select option 2 (PRS Charges)
  5. Select option 1 (Block PRS Charges)

My phone indicates option 4 (not 2) is content services

Also under PRS charges there is no option to "block PRS charges"

why is the article different to reality? (barring the obvious staff writer cause)

dabean

Expert Member
I have a 083 number that's on Telkom Mobile at the moment. Last month I received 3 "Yello! We could not bill you for the MTN Play service" messages after declining spam calls.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Why is this problem far more prevalent on the MTN platform as opposed to the other carriers? Are they simply missing a trick, or are things a bit more sinister...

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
This all sounds like bs to me. MyBB has done vanishing airtime tests a few times with new sim cards. It must be impossible that the MTN ones all happened to be subscribed to premium services. And that it was exclusively MTN on top of that.

MTN needs to properly address the question of why airtime slowly saps away on their network and stop redirecting to the issue of unauthorised WASP services.

Skywalker786

Expert Member
On a samilar related topic, I was under the impression that your unused data rolled over month to month and no longer ëxpired"is this correct?