The 5 fastest VPNs to use in 2019 - Pricing and details

tsavvy

ExpressVPN is guaranteed to be faster and more private than any of these, but it is also more expensive. NordVPN (which I subscribe to) will also crush all the ones mentioned in the article.

kripstoe

Expert Member
+1 ExpressVPN

ExpressVPN is guaranteed to be faster and more private than any of these, but it is also more expensive. NordVPN (which I subscribe to) will also crush all the ones mentioned in the article.

Google ExpressVPN 15 month special. Quite a bit cheaper.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
They want to make 15 articles out of the one PCMag review (which is missing a few VPNs)

So they will do fastest, most countries, prettiest, best name , easiest to use, most secure, etc

No point of giving it all away in one article

lexor

Expert Member
Currently got a trial at SurfShark VPN - very impressive so far.

$1,99 p/m if you take a 2 year package - paid upfront.

Sup3rc

I've not been using any VPN's but after reading the article and comments I decided to check some of them. I wanted to go with ExpressVPN but also had a tab open on PureVPN and after a while a special popped up for PureVPN, so I took the offer. Worked out R350 for a year. First thing I tested was Netflix USA and it worked on my PC and Mi Box. (Hope it lasts.) Speed drops a bit to USA. I only have 6MB ADSL and it drops to around 4MB(USA) and 5.5MB(South Africa).

Cius

Executive Member
Thanks, useful article. Starting to look at getting a VPN for privacy reasons. My brother in law has one where its free, but to get CAP he just lets it mine Monero on his CPU occasionally. Seemed to work out cheaper all in all. He got about 60GB of cap for two nights of mining I think.

Cavallino

Express VPN ftw. If we talk fastest. ..i.e. least bandwidth loss to Europe/USA then this one is easily for you. I have tried 3 others..some in this comparison...but they don't come close. If talking price worth the extra. A class act. Many pay more to increase their speed at ISP level...when Express VPN loses you less bandwidth for a little extra in price.

radicool

Surely "Fastest VPNs" tested from South Africa could be substantially different to the list from testing done in the US?! So unless MyBroadband has done their own local testing, this article is completely misleading to regurgitate as fact!

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
I've not been using any VPN's but after reading the article and comments I decided to check some of them. I wanted to go with ExpressVPN but also had a tab open on PureVPN and after a while a special popped up for PureVPN, so I took the offer. Worked out R350 for a year. First thing I tested was Netflix USA and it worked on my PC and Mi Box. (Hope it lasts.) Speed drops a bit to USA. I only have 6MB ADSL and it drops to around 4MB(USA) and 5.5MB(South Africa).
Am on purevpn as well. It wasn't reviewed in the article

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Surely "Fastest VPNs" tested from South Africa could be substantially different to the list from testing done in the US?! So unless MyBroadband has done their own local testing, this article is completely misleading to regurgitate as fact!
Yup. I dunno if they even checked if there are local servers for their "fastest" list

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Have no issues with PIA.

They also have a handy proxy service for hiding your download application without having to send data through VPN (which can slow it down).

c3n0byt3

Expert Member

If you're just looking to get around region blocking just use a DNS proxy.

Goliath

Expert Member
Went with NordVPN on that 3 year special they have (had?) for $107 paid via Bitcoin.. no problems thus far but I'm not a heavy user must admit..