The 5 hardest things about working on the Internet

Kevin Lancaster

MyBroadband Editor

If your day job requires constant access to the Internet, you’ll be well acquainted with the dangers and distractions of working online.

The sheer amount of interesting content available on the web makes it impossible to get any work done – I am surprised businesses with Internet connections even have productive staff.

Thor

Honorary Master
Spot on - Each and everyone of these!

Especially

After only a few clicks, you go from “What is a pro forma invoice” to “What is the top speed of the Apache attack helicopter”.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member

If your day job requires constant access to the Internet, you’ll be well acquainted with the dangers and distractions of working online.

The sheer amount of interesting content available on the web makes it impossible to get any work done – I am surprised businesses with Internet connections even have productive staff.
The fact that if you can't demonstrate any productive and valuable completion of tasks results in your getting fired I find is quite a motivator for me to be a productive staff member. This statement does, on the other hand, explain the incessant rinse and repeat of articles by the MyBB staff - perhaps RPM is too busy looking at cat videos too to notice that the quality has slipped down a black hole.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
The point about Wikipedia is spot on for me. If work did not interfere I'd spend the entire day on there. Ironically I hardly ever visit it in my free time.

Coasti

Expert Member
MyBB didn't feature on the list..? Yet we all read this while we probably should be working.