The AA will drive you home when you're drunk

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Looking at the numbers, it looks easier and cheaper just to use a taxi...

Inertia

Expert Member
Who regularly travels over 15km for a piss up? In any case their rate is much more than uber. Just leave your car at home and uber to the destination and back. Pooling in the uber also significantly drops the prices. As well as not having to pay a monthly fee and no minimum trip lengths (except for a minimum charge of R20). Also don't have to inform them before you go out, can order 5 minutes before.

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Who regularly travels over 15km for a piss up? In any case their rate is much more than uber. Just leave your car at home and uber to the destination and back. Pooling in the uber also significantly drops the prices. As well as not having to pay a monthly fee and no minimum trip lengths (except for a minimum charge of R20). Also don't have to inform them before you go out, can order 5 minutes before.

+1. I can only see two reasons for using this over uber:
1.) you like driving (and chundering) in your own car.
2.) you don't own a smartphone and therefore are unable to call uber.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
The rates would be fine if it wasn't for the monthly fee. Thanks but no thanks, will stick to Uber...

mister

Executive Member
I wonder if the AA consulted Vodacom for pricing advice

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
You need to sign up (and existing AA members get a 10% discount)... then it is comparable to the ABSA Take Me Home service which is applicable to Gold, Platinum and SVB account holders.

Also, do AA utilise Europ Assistance (http://www.europassistance.co.za/en-za/content/take-me-home)?

Edit: Fixed link

This, I get it for free (within limits) for being a private FNB client:

https://www.fnb.co.za/private-clients/rewards-and-benefits/take-me-home.html

Much rather use up my free trips and user for when I know what will be going down. Expecting a monthly commitment is steep.... I can't see many people who get passed that often to opt for this over conventional taxis/uber...

EtienneK

Expert Member
Would love to use Uber, but it's so difficult to get one in the East Rand.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Thought the title was referring to Alcoholics Anonymous...

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I'll stick to uber.
Been getting loads of friends to sign up with my promo code.

Spending an average of R40 per trip after deducting the R150 free ride voucher.