The African Bank credit card thread

RenaldoJ21

Hi guys,I just want to confirm...does ab charge this fee for easypay payments?I need to find an alternative method to "spend" for eb purposes ai..any ideas?

Diderot

So the R100 monthly debit order went off from my account.... Noticed they charged a R5 deposit fee for that too .....

Diderot

Is that for the Notice account?
No.... The gold cc..... Although even with the cc the charge could have been for an earlier payment and not the debit order.... Getting clarity from African bank is a nightmare

lws

So paying into the ABCC now has a charge, regardless of whether you EFT into there, EasyPay, or go in branch to swipe? Can anyone confirm that they at least calculate this correctly (given that they cannot even NOT charge you interest from day 1 from the sounds of it)

nicalitz

anyone having issues paying WWCC using ABCC? tried last week and today again at WW till, doesnt work. no issues with ABCC anywhere else

citizensa

Expert Member
How’s this African bank gold card calculate interest? I have been charged R1000 for interest and insurance for a balance of 65000 , which is not due yet , only payable by month end. Don’t they have interest free period like other cards for swipes

Diderot

How’s this African bank gold card calculate interest? I have been charged R1000 for interest and insurance for a balance of 65000 , which is not due yet , only payable by month end. Don’t they have interest free period like other cards for swipes
They do have an interest free period but their computer system charges interest on the amount of credit card limit used...... If you phone their call centre you can get the interest reversed

Unfortunately I've had no luck getting the insurance charges reversed....welcome to African bank lol

newby_investor

Expert Member
Anybody had trouble paying out of their African Bank notice deposits lately?

Granted I've only got R350 or so in there, but on the website and on the app it says "No withdrawals are available at the moment."

It's a Saturday so I haven't bothered to phone client service yet.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Hi guys. So Virgin Money closing down and not all that keen being with ABSA directly. Applied at Capitec today and got just enough limit to cover my Virgin debt and move over....but there they want 15% where with Virgin I have 12%. What have you guys been getting with AB and are they ok? I pretty much just want to move my debt over and try hard to pay it off.