The ANC's plan to scrap e-tolls: report

akescpt

Honorary Master
Lies, what about the bribe money? But wc week go ahead because it's the old school kind. Fuddruckers.

Bernie

Expert Member
By this time next year you will be hard pressed to find an ANC politician who "supported" e-tolls. It will have such a stigma, no one will want to be associated with it. :)

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Such a shame they didn't think about the people of Gauteng before they erected the gantries and implemented all the support systems for it. They could've saved a lot of money.

nivek

Executive Member
Such a shame they didn't think about the people of Gauteng before they erected the gantries and implemented all the support systems for it. They could've saved a lot of money.

or passed the bill..

They would still be fighting for etolls if it wasnt for such a close election in Gauteng this year..
in fact they shouldn't refer to them as 'the people of Gauteng' but rather 'the votes of Gauteng'

Denyed

I "think" the thinking part is beyond their capabilities

BBSA

Honorary Master
I hope they do not scrap the system, the idiots who bought the etages currently sponser my trip:p

Mbuzi

Expert Member
Well it makes sense for them to scrap them, they've found a new cash cow in the form of a particular nuclear deal. :whistling:

Vice

Expert Member
1. ANC GP gets its way
2. e-Tolls system is scrapped
3. Elections are won, 2/3
4. ANC National brings back e-tolls
5. ...

koeks525

Expert Member
They should have not implemented this system in the first place....now look at all the money that has been thrown away from this :(

I wonder how are they going to recover the money from this, should they decide to scrap the e-tolls.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
They should have not implemented this system in the first place....now look at all the money that has been thrown away from this :(

I wonder how are they going to recover the money from this, should they decide to scrap the e-tolls.

They love it because it's ways in wich to fund gravy through corrupt deals.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
By this time next year you will be hard pressed to find an ANC politician who "supported" e-tolls. It will have such a stigma, no one will want to be associated with it. :)

It was Apartheid's fault.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Well it makes sense for them to scrap them, they've found a new cash cow in the form of a particular nuclear deal. :whistling:

Wut? :confused:

You know in that deal we pay for the reactors, right? We lose more money.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Bla bla, populist nonsense.

Gauteng ANC doesn't have authority over national government policy.