The Audi Thread

Debeer165

Expert Member
Was thinking an A1 with a 1.4 engine. :)

Seriously getting out of hand. Never driven like this before - constantly.
No no, if you wanna go granny mode you have to go full circle.

The A1 with the 1.4 is a good bit faster due to lower weight and higher power (Polo GTI engine I believe). The 1.6 TDI in the A3 makes a meagre 77kw.

But what is happening that upsets you so?

DominionZA

Executive Member
No no, if you wanna go granny mode you have to go full circle.

The A1 with the 1.4 is a good bit faster due to lower weight and higher power (Polo GTI engine I believe). The 1.6 TDI in the A3 makes a meagre 77kw.

But what is happening that upsets you so?
Lolololol

I take stupid chances. It's one thing to simply floor it. Another to drive aggressively.
Problem is its instinctive. Only afterwards I kick myself for doing something effectively unnecessary.

Bottom line is this thing is powerful and reactive. And I use it! Just need to exercise a bit of control - and stay calm.

paul5186

Expert Member
Saw a nasty crash between an audi tt convertible and an audi a5 on koeberg road this morning....ouch

Bona Botse

A little insight goes a long way
Damn, I broke the sun visor clip (where it clips in and out) in my 2013 A4 today. Anyone know if you can replace these? Don't suppose that's on the motorplan somehow :)
Also broke mine, they're replaceable, not covered by motorplan but cheap enough (IIRC I paid R150 a year ago).

DominionZA

Executive Member
Saw a nasty crash between an audi tt convertible and an audi a5 on koeberg road this morning....ouch
The way I've been I fear that could have been me. Must-have been a crappy site to see two Audi's bashed up like that.

Today was a chilled day. Think I am back under control

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
The way I've been I fear that could have been me. Must-have been a crappy site to see two Audi's bashed up like that.

Today was a chilled day. Think I am back under control

If you're going to be putting kms on your car, they may as well be fast ones.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
^^ That RS5 is beautiful but I'm gonna have to double my salary before I even think of something like that!

DominionZA

Executive Member
No where near as nice as above, but wifey took some pics of my cab this weekend at the Vaal (warning - it's dirty from dirt roads).
Here is my favorite...

uploadfromtaptalk1425497063559.jpg

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Throwback Thursday:

audi_b5_rs4.jpeg

TehStranger

Executive Member

I've always had a thing for those, test drove two a while back actually, but I was left feeling a bit underwhelmed. Also 2001, that's a 14 year old car.

What about the same thing but much newer with slightly more mileage for the same money: http://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkies/pietermaritzburg/2005-audi-tt-coupe-1-8t-quattro/1001251251430910404593909

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
I've always had a thing for those, test drove two a while back actually, but I was left feeling a bit underwhelmed. Also 2001, that's a 14 year old car.

What about the same thing but much newer with slightly more mileage for the same money: http://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkies/pietermaritzburg/2005-audi-tt-coupe-1-8t-quattro/1001251251430910404593909

True, but I wonder why you felt underwhelmed? Was the handling too good? :p

Also, they came in 132, 165, and 177kW... Serious power for a 1.8T! This has always intrigued me. Perhaps yours was the 132kW?

Nothing software can't achieve, but nice to come from the factory like that.

The only secondary car I should be looking at is an Avant of sorts. Eyes peeled for a B7, but would happily take a B6. All Avants tend to be gorgeous, as per above pic.

I hate putting miles on my babe. :(

TehStranger

Executive Member
True, but I wonder why you felt underwhelmed? Was the handling too good? :p

Also, they came in 132, 165, and 177kW... Serious power for a 1.8T! This has always intrigued me. Perhaps yours was the 132kW?

Nothing software can't achieve, but nice to come from the factory like that.

The only secondary car I should be looking at is an Avant of sorts. Eyes peeled for a B7, but would happily take a B6. All Avants tend to be gorgeous, as per above pic.

I hate putting miles on my babe. :(

Both were 165kw and subjected to some spirited driving (with the one salesman making his discomfort known through a shrill squeak I might add) during the tests. I'm not sure, perhaps modern performance cars and/or modded S3s of the same generation (with the same power plan AFAIK) unfairly ruined my expectations of it in stock form.

Love the avants, also had a good look at then (both B6 and B7) when I was last in the market. I recall finding a clean one was tough at the time.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Both were 165kw and subjected to some spirited driving (with the one salesman making his discomfort known through a shrill squeak I might add) during the tests. I'm not sure, perhaps modern performance cars and/or modded S3s of the same generation (with the same power plan AFAIK) unfairly ruined my expectations of it in stock form.

Love the avants, also had a good look at then (both B6 and B7) when I was last in the market. I recall finding a clean one was tough at the time.

Fair enough. 8P S3 Sportback is the one car I'd consider switching to.

A clean B7 Avant at around R110k would be a good buy. They seem to hold more value.

Like your pic in the other thread, by the way.