The Audi Thread

IzZzy

Executive Member
Sorry to hear! Hope your physically and mentally well?

Looks like the stucture of the car kept together really well.

RIP Audi

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Well, she served me well, but this morning was rammed into at an intersection. Other driver's breaks failed - one of those &^&** old plaas bakkies. :mad:

Those white containers in the pic are filled with diesel which the bakkie was transporting...

Damn dude! Glad you're OK.

Looks like you were hit in front, and then spun 180', causing the rear to hit the bakkie?

DominionZA

Executive Member
Well, she served me well, but this morning was rammed into at an intersection. Other driver's breaks failed - one of those &^&** old plaas bakkies. :mad:

View attachment 201428

Those white containers in the pic are filled with diesel which the bakkie was transporting...
Wow. Sorry man. Glad you're still around to tell the tale!

MrBuddha

Thanks guys, my wife and I are ok, just shaken and bruised by the seat belts.

Looks like you were hit in front, and then spun 180', causing the rear to hit the bakkie?
When I saw the bakkie jumping the stop, I tried to swerve out, causing him to hit the front side. From there, I don't know what happened, airbags deploying all around us. Don't know if we spinned or what, I just remember being concerned that we were going to start rolling down the embankment.

Bakkie ended up being 180.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
http://www.gumtree.co.za/a-cars-bakkies/fourways/2007-audi-a4-dtm-sedan/1001258946720910421951009

GO!

$_20.JPG

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Scratched the edge of one of my rims ever so slightly (i went a cm too fat) :( Was parallel parking and someone was trying to call me so my Sony Z2 was vibrating like a mofo and with the BT setup the car's audio system was ringing very loudly too. Tried to ignore it but obviously the distraction was there, especially as the slant of the road was really deceiving :eek:

Can one buff out slight scratches? Anyone here done it?

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Scratched the edge of one of my rims ever so slightly (i went a cm too fat) :( Was parallel parking and someone was trying to call me so my Sony Z2 was vibrating like a mofo and with the BT setup the car's audio system was ringing very loudly too. Tried to ignore it but obviously the distraction was there, especially as the slant of the road was really deceiving :eek:

Can one buff out slight scratches? Anyone here done it?

Easily at a mag place, ±R500 - R1,000 per rim. Not a biggie.