The Audi Thread

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
PP im looking for a 05-08 A4 with around <120-150k on the clock and most i want to pay is around R80k

is that too much to ask for :D

will i find one cause i want to test drive one but cant find much ..must be manual as well

Will need to up your budget a bit if you want low mileage like that.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Guessing you are now around 27 years old.. How in the hell can one afford a V8 at that age, but well done to you sir!

Maybe post a tease picture so that the rest of us can start guessing? ;)

daddys money :p

Not received a cent from my parents since 18, just worked hard and saved and not partied it away, or spent too much on women... ;)

The maintenance is insane though, realistically I need to plan for R50,000 in maintaining the vehicle in the near future.

Putting me off.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Not received a cent from my parents since 18, just worked hard and saved and not partied it away, or spent too much on women... ;)

The maintenance is insane though, realistically I need to plan for R50,000 in maintaining the vehicle in the near future.

Putting me off.

50k on what exactly?

That dealer pricing I take it?

sand_man

Honorary Master
My A6 transmission is showing signs of wear, mechatronics and input shaft. Quoted 45k to repair.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Neither sadly.

Quote from Audi or a mechanic?

I'm sure you're getting shafted at that price.

Also consider importing parts from eBay if possible, just brought in some control arms and will have saved 30% once the mechanic has fitted them, compared to SA pricing of a lesser brand.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Quote from Audi or a mechanic?

I'm sure you're getting shafted at that price.

Also consider importing parts from eBay if possible, just brought in some control arms and will have saved 30% once the mechanic has fitted them, compared to SA pricing of a lesser brand.

60k from dealership, 45k from Budler motorsport... :crying:

I'm so pissed....

PostmanPot

Honorary Master

I'm so pissed....

I suggest you keep at getting more quotes. Once you have the best few, play them against each other.

On the bright side though, once this is done, you're good for the next 150,000km. I'm sure your 3.0 TDI will be like a new car. You did always mention the gearbox being a bit off, IIRC.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I suggest you keep at getting more quotes. Once you have the best few, play them against each other.

On the bright side though, once this is done, you're good for the next 150,000km. I'm sure your 3.0 TDI will be like a new car. You did always mention the gearbox being a bit off, IIRC.

Yeah. My impulsive nature is costing me money. I bought this car before driving it. The first time I drove it was when I took delivery of it.... Idiot....

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master

I'm so pissed....

You're better off saving that cash yourself and keeping it aside. At least it won't expire after x amount of time.

I've always maintained that maintenance plans are the biggest rip-off. Unless it comes with the car, you're just pissing money away by buying or extending one because it will eventually expire...

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
You're better off saving that cash yourself and keeping it aside. At least it won't expire after x amount of time.

I've always maintained that maintenance plans are the biggest rip-off. Unless it comes with the car, you're just pissing money away by buying or extending one because it will eventually expire...

There are many examples of SA Warranty / Motorite maintenance plans covering very large amounts, far more than the policy.

I don't have one, but I can't deny the truth.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
There are many examples of SA Warranty / Motorite maintenance plans covering very large amounts, far more than the policy.

I don't have one, but I can't deny the truth.

There's not many parts that would cost >60k to replace though, unless your block is about to explode. In which case you'd have plenty of warning signs, giving you a chance to flog the car before you have to deal with it. I would have no issue trading it in at the dealer, it's their product after all...

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
There's not many parts that would cost >60k to replace though, unless your block is about to explode. In which case you'd have plenty of warning signs, giving you a chance to flog the car before you have to deal with it. I would have no issue trading it in at the dealer, it's their product after all...

Not sure what your point is? An aftermarket warranty of two years costs ±R8k for most decent/entry luxury cars.

Joeboy69

Expert Member
Yeah. My impulsive nature is costing me money. I bought this car before driving it. The first time I drove it was when I took delivery of it.... Idiot....

Bought an S4 like that. Paid deposit from the beach while on holiday. Flew down to the Cape, signed the papers and drove it home :)