The Audi Thread

DominionZA

Executive Member
Yeah. My impulsive nature is costing me money. I bought this car before driving it. The first time I drove it was when I took delivery of it.... Idiot....
I purchased my previous A6 and current A5 like that. Was just lucky I suppose.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
I've been looking for one for the past 2 months (But I also have a few other cars on my list) and a good condition 05-07 model is certainly doable at that price but most of the good deals I've seen were in JHB and PTA.

but thats the issue ...i dont trust JHB cars since most are in the CBD and they are dodge

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Not received a cent from my parents since 18, just worked hard and saved and not partied it away, or spent too much on women... ;)

The maintenance is insane though, realistically I need to plan for R50,000 in maintaining the vehicle in the near future.

Putting me off.

hey hey i know you work hard selling plasmas ...just consider your car when plasmas get ditched :p

and the budget ...yeah i thought so for one in CPT ..but i think il look in JHB or somewhere as well

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
I've been looking for one for the past 2 months (But I also have a few other cars on my list) and a good condition 05-07 model is certainly doable at that price but most of the good deals I've seen were in JHB and PTA.

'07/'08 is worth a fair bit more though, never ever R80,000 for 120,000km. More like R100,000 for one in good nick.

Perhaps the most important benefit is the Concert II/Symphony II double din radio, with MP3 CD playback. Completely modernises the dash.

photo.jpg

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
hey hey i know you work hard selling plasmas ...just consider your car when plasmas get ditched :p

and the budget ...yeah i thought so for one in CPT ..but i think il look in JHB or somewhere as well

:p

The problem is that by the time you're flying up and down and back to Jo'burg, you're already paying closer to Cape Town prices.

While these 2.0s are pretty bulletproof, I would only have peace of mind buying local. You need to get the car tested by a good mechanic you can trust, take it for a drive on roads you know, build rapport with the seller in person, etc. I would stress these points, you're not buying a Citi Golf here.

I suggest keeping this tab open and refresh a couple of times a day. Keep watching for a month so you spot the ones that are sitting. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

http://www.gumtree.co.za/s-cars-bak...100000,,,,&pr=90000,200000&sort=dt&order=desc

That would be for '06 - '08s, but I would change this to '07s and '08s. Though if you find a really clean '06, the extra might not be worth it for the Concert/Symphony II and other minor cosmetic differences.

You're unlucky that another forumite got to my '07 B7 2.0 last year November/December. R105,000 for a really top condition one with 118,000km. That was after about R12,000 in parts to get the car in top condition, which we went halves on.

TehStranger

Executive Member
yeah thats the main thing cause i dont want to end up fixing and paying alot more for work to be done

My son, if you need a JHB car checked out that's not too far from me, send a PM. I don't mind going round to take a look if I've got the time.

I'd avoid dealerships in the CBD etc like the plague though, too many stories that come with the "good" price.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
So many motoring journos are in Faro, Portugal for the global launch of the 2nd Gen R8...

Pics like these...what a damn looker!

ImageUploadedByMyBroadband1437544578.671456.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyBroadband1437544589.785000.jpg

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
My son, if you need a JHB car checked out that's not too far from me, send a PM. I don't mind going round to take a look if I've got the time.

I'd avoid dealerships in the CBD etc like the plague though, too many stories that come with the "good" price.

yeah i have seen couple in the JHB CBD ...

thanks dad

Zyk1

Expert Member
The new R8 is stunning.
The new TT is also hot. I hear they revamped the interior to new heights.
Setting the benchmark again Audi....