The Audi Thread

Aghori

Honorary Master
Psh. Audis are nothing more than a VW with pretty paint and good interiors.

Brawler

Honorary Master
Great look at the new A4 here:
[video=youtube;7MSY-Cq3l58]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MSY-Cq3l58[/video]

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
I'm very excited, Thursday is a big day! Getting my car serviced (105,000km, so a minor one) but getting lots of work done. Also getting a carbon clean. :cool:

I'm supplying just about every part, saving a lot of cash by avoiding mechanic markup. Hopefully the way I've gone about getting my ducks in a row inspires others to do the same. Lots of bucks to be saved. Though I'm doing just about everything possible.

-Tappet cover gasket (R450)
-Cam follower (R450)
-Engine mounts, left and right (R3,000)
-Gearbox mount (R500)
-Control arms (R7,500, imported via eBay and saved R4,000)
-Front performance brakes (R1,750)

-New front discs still to be decided, might do in 2 months when the performance ones I want come in (R3,750 for the pair)

-Oil filter (R100)
-Screw (R20)
-5L Shell Helix Ultra 5W/40 oil (R400) - oil sump is 4.5L
-Fuel filter (R250)
-Air filter (R150)
-Pollen filter (R250)

-Wiper blades (R400)

-Carbon clean (R2,500) - will post pics

Labour will be about R3,500.

ABCpt

Expert Member
The price on the wiper blades seem high, but I might be out of touch. Can probable get them for less than R200 at Good Hope Spares.

Ecco

Executive Member
The price on the wiper blades seem high, but I might be out of touch. Can probable get them for less than R200 at Good Hope Spares.

Definitely overpriced. Wanting OEM though, prepared to pay.

For OEM, the Bosch blades, i struggled to find the blades that would fit my car. I tried Goldwagen, Autozone, Midas and a few other smaller spares stores. No Luck.

If you dont mind doing the leg work to find a place that does stock them, go for it, else Audi your best bet in my opinion.

If anybody does come across somebody with stock, please share.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
I've just worked out the bill for my job in total... Coming to around R25k. But I'm doing just about everything possible. http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/550775-The-Audi-Thread?p=15740218&viewfull=1#post15740218

For OEM, the Bosch blades, i struggled to find the blades that would fit my car. I tried Goldwagen, Autozone, Midas and a few other smaller spares stores. No Luck.

If you dont mind doing the leg work to find a place that does stock them, go for it, else Audi your best bet in my opinion.

If anybody does come across somebody with stock, please share.

Thanks. Yeah, the Audi ones I picked up now are definitely different to Bosch and others, so I'm glad I went original.

I also just bought from Audi for R399, not worth the extra effort to save R100

+1, and visibility/driving in rainy weather is a risk I'm not going to take.