The Audi Thread

Joeboy69

Expert Member
I'm thinking of getting back into an Audi, a cabriolet again. Interested in a TT (previous shape), hoping that there will be decent deals as people trade in on the new shape. Thus far I've only seen one V6 (a 2008) advertised, but all other adverts are for the 2l. Where the V6 (presuming it is the 3.2) not popular ? When was the TT S available? There are 2 TTRS cabriolet but way out of my price range.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
The previous shape 2L T is around in fairly big numbers; the V6 I would guess sold less due to the fuel consumption & the fact the V6 was not available the entries life cycle where is the turbo mill was.

But yes they getting rather keenly price; seen a few under R200k mark.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Pretty cool - Audi Lunar quattro

In 2017, the Audi Lunar quattro will travel 238,855 miles to the moon, explore the Apollo 17 landing site, all in pursuit of the Google Lunar XPRIZE. Easier said than done? Obviously. Click through the gallery to learn about the challenges the Lunar quattro will need to overcome to complete the mission.

Wheels.jpg

Rover.jpg

Last edited:

Joeboy69

Expert Member
The previous shape 2L T is around in fairly big numbers; the V6 I would guess sold less due to the fuel consumption & the fact the V6 was not available the entries life cycle where is the turbo mill was.

Going to take a look on Thurday, embassy staff going back home so could maybe negotiate the price a bit

kanzen

So after that clip of the very skilled TT driver on the autobahn I present you with another TT driver, on the ring, taking out a E30 (with auxiliary fuel tank).
[video=youtube;D7DPStXkJZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7DPStXkJZc[/video]
Thank goodness a friendly Astra driver is there to help.

I blame the auxiliary fuel tank for slowing the BMW down. Also, he should not have been on the racing line in the first place.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Saw my 1st S1 on the road today. Canary yellow with a gloss black roof.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Saw my 1st S1 on the road today. Canary yellow with a gloss black roof.

Have yet to see one...only seen a few of the f/lift A1 as well.

The pre f/lift early models (2010; 2011) are now going for really (relatively) cheap these days.

Joeboy69

Expert Member

Anybody know if the previous shape TT was available as an S or just the 2l and 3.2?

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Anybody know if the previous shape TT was available as an S or just the 2l and 3.2?

Are you talking about the TTS; the model that sat below the TTRS?

That had the 2L TFSI motor from the 'Rocco R & Golf 6 R with a few more kw's locally.

The 'Rocco R & Golf 6 R locally made 188kw & IIRC the TTS made about 195kw or 199kw.

Joeboy69

Expert Member
Yip, if there is a TTS available I would rather look for one than go for the 2010 3.2 TT

Joeboy69

Expert Member
Took it for a drive today, what a car, now need to think of a reason not to commit

Joeboy69

Expert Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440732582.302391.jpg

R220k, 105000km, 2008 model, FSH, satnav, not sure what other optional extras were added and what was standard. Just had some belt replaced, next service on 125000km according to book and Audi stamp.

Had a chuckle when the owner told me it's OK to drive faster, he isn't worried about speeding tickets with the diplomatic plates :)

Last edited: