The Audi Thread

Dolby

Honorary Master
I will get a shock - but I'm hoping that because the car was at a very good price, it'll absorb some ;)

Audi couldn't believe the price paid and said they'd probably do better on a trade on that car. It seems the average S4 with similar specs on Autotrader is around R320,000.00 and I'd guess they were offered R270,000.00 or so? And on my car I'd be adding R25,000 for a clutch ...

I am 2010 / 77,000km and the blue is 2010 / 71,000km - so pretty much the same. It doesn't have the seats or front PDC, but S Tronic @ R330,000.00

The white is 2011/ 59,000km and has the seats and B&O sound. Not sure on front PDC, but it's @ R350,000

Dolby

Honorary Master
Actually I'm not even sure I want an Audi anymore.

It seems a great product is flawed by their back end

TehStranger

Executive Member

You have no idea how many times I've used this to describe many women I meet. :(

I don't blame you being wary of dealing with Audi after your experience, but perhaps see the feedback from Audi Germany before totally dismissing them?

TehStranger

Executive Member

You have no idea how many times I've used this to describe many women I meet. :(

I don't blame you being wary of dealing with Audi after your experience, but perhaps see the feedback from Audi Germany before totally dismissing them?

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Seeing as how this is the Audi-thread full of Audi-lovers *I put it to you* this hypothetical question.

You have to spend under R580k on a high performance Audi hatch.

What would you go for: a very low mileage all-new full-house S3 Sportback

OR

pay R20k more & get the older last of the lot RS3 with mind blowing speed?!

Always loved the RS3; I think I would bite the bullet & get the more exclusive car

http://www.rsperformancecars.co.za/showroom/43/general/2013-audi-rs3-sportback-s-tronic

http://www.rsperformancecars.co.za/showroom/38/general/2014-audi-s3-sportback-s-tronic

PS: rather impressed with RS Performance selections of cars. Seem to be a CPT performance dealer with a difference.

ImageUploadedByMyBroadband Tapatalk1407500009.769214.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyBroadband Tapatalk1407500122.572033.jpg

Drifter

Honorary Master
I will never buy a run of the mill A3. A friend of mine specced the new A3 1.8T with all the bells and whistles, and the end quote came close to the price of that RS3. For that kind of money, I would look for a low mileage Focus RS.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Neither -- I'd get a demo RSQ3. I would never spend R600k on an old generation RS3 with a 4 star NCAP safety rating and old interior.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I will never buy a run of the mill A3. A friend of mine specced the new A3 1.8T with all the bells and whistles, and the end quote came close to the price of that RS3. For that kind of money, I would look for a low mileage Focus RS.

Glad you mentioned the Focus RS; have a look at this thread I placed just now: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=636684

Neither -- I'd get a demo RSQ3. I would never spend R600k on an old generation RS3 with a 4 star NCAP safety rating and old interior.

Quite warmed up to the RS Q3; not the most sensible" car but a looker.

Joker

Expert Member
I will never buy a run of the mill A3. A friend of mine specced the new A3 1.8T with all the bells and whistles, and the end quote came close to the price of that RS3.

R580k for a 1.8T? New is 350k, what extras did he ask for.. :wtf:

Dolby

Honorary Master

On the Audi forum they say they're simply forwarded to Audi SA to sort out who wants, um, nothing to do with me *whistle* I posted on their Facebook page and response was a polite 'case closed'

sand_man

Honorary Master

Dolby

Honorary Master
I'm at work - it's all blocked. Pop on Audi SA and share ;)

But they said something to the effect that they've done their best but due to the nature of the concern, they regret to inform me they cannot assist further. I have replied to them, but nothing

Dolby

Honorary Master
Bloody disgrace that Audi won't fix the clutch under fwp!!!

Yup.

Their side is 2 clutches already - my side is I want the proof that they were abuse and not defects, because I really feel they're defects looking at the facts. Not too much of ask, I think?

What really scared me is the other guy :

BTW I had problems going from 2nd to 3rd slight crunch they ended up replacing the gearbox the syncros had gone. When it was opened there was much more damage which took me about six months to resolve, they were tring to repair the box. I had photos etc taken showing the surface structure of the gears that had been damage before they finally replaced the complete box.

Debeer165

Expert Member
Between those two, S3. Or buy an S3 brand new and put on the options yourself (who cares about sunroof, rather get adaptive cruise or auto parking etc)

However, were I to have a 600k budget it would definitely go elsewhere, no question. Why not an S5 from 2013 or 2012 instead? Heck you can get an RS5!!! Or a TTS, even a TTRS for that price if you want to stay with Audi.

If you are willing to go beyond Audi: Maybe M3, 1M, or something else nice?

Last edited: