The Audi Thread

Inviter

Hey guys I need some help.

1)I've got a 2.0 TDI A4(2014) multitronic but only getting 850-900 km on the tank! If I cruise at 120km with speed control on a highway I get 920 km. that's an avg of 7L per 100km.While if what Audi claims on 4.8L per 100 km I should get at least 1200 km on the 63L tank. I only got 8000km on the clock but still finding consumption high.

2) The car is only used on Meduim to long distance and mostly only once a week. Before every drive the pressure on the tyres are surprisingly higher then what I initially filled. I fill pressure as per audi specification of 2.4 - 2.8 bars. When I check up it's around 3.2 - 3.4 bars with each tyre being different and that's while the tyre is cool. It just doesn't make sense! Any ideas of what going on?

IzZzy

Executive Member
You will never get claimed fuel consumption figures.

Not sure on your tyre pressure story.

IzZzy

Executive Member
But consumption a is not even close to the claimed ones!

That's because real world and claimed consumption have a myriad of different variables applicable to them.

My suggestion, see if it gets better at about 10 000km when the engine components 'loosen' a bit

Bona Botse

A little insight goes a long way

1)I've got a 2.0 TDI A4(2014) multitronic but only getting 850-900 km on the tank! If I cruise at 120km with speed control on a highway I get 920 km. that's an avg of 7L per 100km.While if what Audi claims on 4.8L per 100 km I should get at least 1200 km on the 63L tank. I only got 8000km on the clock but still finding consumption high.

2) The car is only used on Meduim to long distance and mostly only once a week. Before every drive the pressure on the tyres are surprisingly higher then what I initially filled. I fill pressure as per audi specification of 2.4 - 2.8 bars. When I check up it's around 3.2 - 3.4 bars with each tyre being different and that's while the tyre is cool. It just doesn't make sense! Any ideas of what going on?

1) What does your trip computer say your fuel consumption is in L/100km (not the average, the instant consumption) when you cruise at 100km/h and 120km/h respectively? 7l/100km isn't bad at 120km/h, you'll probably not be far above the claimed 4.8 at 100km/h.

2) Do you check the tyre pressure under the same conditions? Same time, same distance since cold start, same weather?

Drifter

Honorary Master
Audi's figures are probably at 100km/h and not 120km/h that you are measuring.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master

I very much doubt the claimed 4.8L/100km is calculated at a 120km/h average speed.

On my 2.0 petrol, there is a huge difference in the average consumption between 80km/h, 100km/h, and 120km/h. I probably get 6.5L averaging 80km/h, 7L averaging 100km/h, and 7.5L averaging 120km/h.

If you're getting an average of 7L/100km, then that's exactly what your onboard computer's current usage should be telling you. Remember, the onboard computer gives you an average combined cycle, as well as your current usage.

Not sure, something to do with altitude?

Bona Botse

A little insight goes a long way
Does anybody think this is real? Something is not right to me, something stinks:

Volvo.

Something I've picked up from the pics (but of course I could be completely wrong) is that the wheels are pointed dead straight but the steering wheel is turned to the left. Could be indicative of having been in an accident unless the pics were taken at different times.

Then again, there might not be anything wrong with the car and the owner might just be looking to settle the loan.

Also, the seats don't look 13,000KM old...

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
That volvo has had the crap abused out of it.... those seats look horrible for a 13000km 1yr old car.. I would not be happy if my seats looked like that on a 5yr old car.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Something I've picked up from the pics (but of course I could be completely wrong) is that the wheels are pointed dead straight but the steering wheel is turned to the left. Could be indicative of having been in an accident unless the pics were taken at different times.<snip>
It could be they moved the car before or after the outside pics were taken.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Re: ^^ @FiestaST, please buy a scanner or at least flatten out the dead trees before taking pics of them :p

DominionZA

Executive Member
Sigh.. Still don't have my A5 back. Missing her badly :(

Sat was my daughters matric dance. Had to drop her and her boyfriend at the entrance to the red carpet - in a loan car :(

Still looked sexy though - I suppose :cool:

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Sigh.. Still don't have my A5 back. Missing her badly :(

Sat was my daughters matric dance. Had to drop her and her boyfriend at the entrance to the red carpet - in a loan car :(

Still looked sexy though - I suppose :cool:

Have you received your wife's present yet?

Happy birthday. :D

Joeboy69

Expert Member
For that price you can get a 2009 RS6. The V10T.

I still regret not buying a used one when I had the chance. Went for a cheaper but newer A8 as I decided to tow a camping trailer. Stupid decision as I married and we then used wife's company car for towing :-(