The Audi Thread

Naks

Executive Member
Sigh... So I take my car into Audi Airport this AM to have a "clunk" checked out.
After they had my car last week, it starting with this "clunk" sound when reversing and applying brakes.

our old A3 used to do that, but only after the brakes had been worked out a bit. something about the design resulted in the brake assembly(?) rotating when reversing after a long run.

curbs2012

Expert Member
What nice low mileage. I paid R314k for 73k on the clock about 2 months back. Also silver, sunroof, pdc (rear only) - but - also got B&O, electric seats and a 3.2FSI.
I would have a hard time choosing between the two. The lower price and low mileage is a no brainer. Try beat the price down a bit more too!

I rolled over to 80k on the clock today ): Was a k@k feeling. Fallen in love with this car and watching the mileage climb this quick reminds me of how soon I will have to let her go again.

So the vote is a yes? :)

Grimspoon

Executive Member
Can anyone recommend a reliable Audi mech in JHB North that can diagnose and fix electrical issues. My fooking battery is being drained to death by something, I can't even leave it over night and its flat the next morning. :(

Also have a weird sucking noise from the engine when releasing the accelerator. Sigh, maybe its time.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Can anyone recommend a reliable Audi mech in JHB North that can diagnose and fix electrical issues. My fooking battery is being drained to death by something, I can't even leave it over night and its flat the next morning. :(

Also have a weird sucking noise from the engine when releasing the accelerator. Sigh, maybe its time.

Martin LeRoux Motors in Honeydew.

Haven't used them personally but I believe they very good..

Sorry you in our out of FWP?

Dolby

Honorary Master
Took my car in for the gear synchro/clutch or whatever they find and they gave me a brand new Audi A1 TFSI S Tronic to use. Apart from being a tad girly, it isn't too bad a car!

Consumption to work over 20km this morning was 8l/100km without trying - tomorrow I'll try. Decent power too, though I found the steering a little soft and not sharp enough. S Tronic has the same lag I often find in DSG/S Tronic though. But I kinda like the car

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
The facelifted A1 and particularly the new S1 is sick looking. I love the Yellow/Black combo and the shiny yellow backed seats:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Any eta on when the S1 will arrive in SA & if we getting both configuration & pricing...they should price it too crazy...entry point into Audi's S cars

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
A colleague purchased a A4 last month (2010 model I think). The dealership told her today that she needs to add oil every 1,000 km.

Can this be true?

She is so pissed off, she wants to return the car.

So today this same colleagues car stopped on the N1. Coolant light came on, car switched off. Prior to this she was adding 500ml oil a week - oil light kept going ON.

Great work Audi.

Last edited:

Naks

Executive Member
So today this same colleagues car stopped on the N1. Coolant light came on, car switched off. Prior to this she was adding 500ml oil a week - oil light kept going ON.
Great work Audi.

she should have had it seen to?