The Audi Thread

ahoudet

Expert Member
Ya. Dreading my drive to Hartees on Monday AM. I like to sit back and just veg (go through 3 times a week).
Can only hope my A5 is ready on Monday so I don't have to do it again on Tues with no cruise control.

Then again - I may be looking in the wrong place. Should be a standard location though so I doubt I am looking wrong.
It's a real stock standard A4. No electric seats. No sunroof. No cruise control. Pretty bare bones. Fun though.
Cruise control was optional on the A6 I just sold... I had it though. Just to the left of the steering wheel

DominionZA

Executive Member
Cruise control was optional on the A6 I just sold... I had it though. Just to the left of the steering wheel

That is where I expected it in this A4. My A5, both previous A6's and both previous A4's all had it in the same place on the left.
I have to accept this loan A4 don't have it. Sigh... Oh well.

DominionZA

Executive Member
I used that Audi Configurator posted a little bit back while out at dinner now to see what my A5 would cost new.
And this ladies and gentlemen is why I will always go with pre-owned.

http://configurator.audi.co.za/entry?context=accx-za:za&audicode=ACW8Z7L9

Mind blowing really. Holy Fk!

Difference... 71k kms, 3 years, 3.2 (mine) vs 3.0 (site) and turbo (site) vs no turbo (mine).

I would much rather have the above differences and save over 400 fkn K. :eek:

DominionZA

Executive Member
My A5 is STILL at Audi Airport. They reckon they found the problematic "clunk" that I reported - and have repaired it. They said they found another odd noise in the braking system though so they want to keep my car a bit longer to find and fix that too... All good I say. But - I am over driving a stick (been 5 days already) and told them. Not having cruise control which I am used to for my daily commutes to Hartees and back is also a big pain in the @ss.

No problem they say. They have just dropped off a demo model (1012kms on the clock) A4 TDi multitronic and taken the stick A4 away.

This is what I call service. I really don't care what is wrong with my car. All I care about is they fix it, and I am not inconvenienced. With service like this, they tick all the boxes, and this is why I will continue to buy vehicles from these guys!

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Back from her 120,000km (on 116,500km) service from Audi. Clean as a whistle.

Very good service. Seeing them take care of your baby helps swallow the extra cost of a stealership service - plastic covers over the seats and on the floor, fitted plastic around steering wheel protecting it, etc.

Engine bay looks new. :cool:

Happy chappy.

eDSdV4w.jpg

w4PSWWF.jpg

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
@PP, which dealership did you take her to? Mine is due for it's 45k km service. Am thinking Claremont Audi as it's the easiest.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
@PP, which dealership did you take her to? Mine is due for it's 45k km service. Am thinking Claremont Audi as it's the easiest.

Yeah, Audi Claremont. Drop me a PM and I'll put you in touch with the most amazing lady there who will book your service and assist.

I cannot compliment her enough!

CaffeinePirate

I have almost read this thread from the start till now (skipped ahead because I was looking at Audis and saw a A6 that looked familiar and wanted to see if it was Mike's :) ) I am seriously itching to get an a6 at the moment. You guys have made me really fall in love with Audis.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
I have almost read this thread from the start till now (skipped ahead because I was looking at Audis and saw a A6 that looked familiar and wanted to see if it was Mike's :) ) I am seriously itching to get an a6 at the moment. You guys have made me really fall in love with Audis.

'09 A6 facelift is a sweet ride. Can be had for R150 - R175k if lucky. Non facelift a bit ou****.

Helluva lot of car for the money.

DominionZA

Executive Member
Best car out. I have Audi Airport looking for a well specced A6 for me. Love my A5, but really miss my A6.
A7 also top of my list, but much harder to come by at the mo.

DominionZA

Executive Member
Have to say, I have really taken to this loan A4 from Audi. I never thought I could like an A4 again after the A6, but wow.
Also - these modern multitronic transmissions are flipping awesome. Way better than what I experienced in in my wife's 2005 A4 a good few years back.
Only thing I don't like is no B&O which is VERY noticeable.

DominionZA

Executive Member
Oh - how's this for a cool wife who identifies with your addictions.

On Sat she gives me a sterling silver Audi key chain with my gamer tag engraved on it. Boss!

Last edited:

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Have to say, I have really taken to this loan A4 from Audi. I never thought I could like an A4 again after the A6, but wow.
Also - these modern multitronic transmissions are flipping awesome. Way better than what I experienced in in my wife's 2005 A4 a good few years back.
Only thing I don't like is no B&O which is VERY noticeable.
I know you said TDi multitronic but is it not an S-tronic? What size engine? Multi-function steering etc... ? Post a pic if you have time :)