The Audi Thread

Joker

Expert Member
Recently switched to a Note 4 and I see my A3's MMI displays "external audio player is selected" when connecting over bluetooth. I can hear the music fine but don't have access to the controls or any track/progress information like I did with my iPhone.

Any ideas?

IMG_1290b.jpg

Debeer165

Expert Member
Recently switched to a Note 4 and I see my A3's MMI displays "external audio player is selected" when connecting over bluetooth. I can hear the music fine but don't have access to the controls or any track/progress information like I did with my iPhone.

Any ideas?

View attachment 162015

Go to source. The MMI should have your Iphone still set as the default handset, while the Note took up the vacant spot for audio player.
So once in source, you should have the option to connect a cellular handset and then you can pick the Note.

Joker

Expert Member
Go to source. The MMI should have your Iphone still set as the default handset, while the Note took up the vacant spot for audio player.
So once in source, you should have the option to connect a cellular handset and then you can pick the Note.

Nice will try that thanks

Naks

Executive Member
when I see an Audi in traffic:

in0gju5rqyomzjeqzvq0.jpg

Elax

The battery on my B6 A4 has died, what is a decent replacement at a decent price?

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Wow. Mine is in hood. First took it to a spares place but then guy showed me what was involved to remove it so rather went to Hi-Q. Guys were good.

zamrg

I'm a recent Audi convert and my word, can't praise the car (and brand) enough. Got myself a 2012 TT w/Quatro + TSFI with 42k on the clock. It's a ridiculously easy fun drive and to top it off, the pre and post service/support from Audi in CPT has been exceptional.
I think I've finally found the make I'm gonna stick with.
Thumbs up to Audi.

DominionZA

Executive Member
I'm a recent Audi convert and my word, can't praise the car (and brand) enough. Got myself a 2012 TT w/Quatro + TSFI with 42k on the clock. It's a ridiculously easy fun drive and to top it off, the pre and post service/support from Audi in CPT has been exceptional.
I think I've finally found the make I'm gonna stick with.
Thumbs up to Audi.
Congrats man. Fine choice you made there.

Ye - you get hooked once you had one. I am on number 5 now and know there will be a 6.
After 4 I looked at other brands and test drove a few. Figured I would try something new. After 3 weeks of many tests drives I got fed up and headed back to Audi Airport for number 5.

zamrg

Congrats man. Fine choice you made there.

Ye - you get hooked once you had one. I am on number 5 now and know there will be a 6.
After 4 I looked at other brands and test drove a few. Figured I would try something new. After 3 weeks of many tests drives I got fed up and headed back to Audi Airport for number 5.

wow, number 5 - that's incredible. What models have you had over the years and how often do you swap out?
Also interested to know what other brands you dabbled with before settling with a new Audi?

I'm going to need some advice in 2 and a half years from you. :)
Do you sell immediately out of motor plan or recommend extending with Audi? The one down-side is the cost of replacement parts + they need to ship from Germany.

SteveO

Expert Member
I've also just moved to Audi

Took ownership of a 2013 A3 Sportback 1.8tfsi S-tronic! Loving how smooth that 'box is! Coming from a focus ST 5-cyl I though I might miss the effortless power, but I have been pleasantly surprised with the 1.8tfsi.

The clincher though is the standard sound system in the new A3's. The ST had decent sound, but the A3 is excellent considering its the standard pack.

zamrg

I've also just moved to Audi

Took ownership of a 2013 A3 Sportback 1.8tfsi S-tronic! Loving how smooth that 'box is! Coming from a focus ST 5-cyl I though I might miss the effortless power, but I have been pleasantly surprised with the 1.8tfsi.

The clincher though is the standard sound system in the new A3's. The ST had decent sound, but the A3 is excellent considering its the standard pack.

Amazing! I also test drove an A3 and A5 cab. I stayed away from the cab though since I park in the street and the car would've taken serious abuse in bad weather + from mischievous street dwellers :) The car salesman actually told me that they recently had a A3 Cab come in for repairs - someone had sliced through the soft-top to get to the cubbyhole.

I also came from something far different, the other TT :)
Getting used to power steering and ABS breaks is huge for me, but getting there, and they makes driving so much more pleasant. I also have a stock sound system but to be honest, it actually sounds better to me than my custom sound gig in my old car. The only thing I miss is bluetooth sound + aux cable. My car unfortunately came with neither. Whilst it has bluetooth for phone, the music is something lacking.
On a negative note, I've accidentally switched to manual a few times and over-revved the **** out of first gear. I'm much more aware making sure I'm in D instead of M now when taking off.
And then on a positive note, I locked myself out of the car once and Audi Assist were absolutely brilliant. They sent someone within 20 minutes (Sea Point, Cape Town area) who managed to assist me and get into the car.