Doom5003

This is now during the day. Early and cloudy so panels not pulling usual amount but batteries are not being used Screenshot_20211023_083148_com.igen.xiaomaizhidian.jpg

Doom5003

Battery settings you should set the doc for battery switch off. Something like 20% should do.

In system mode you need to select zero export. If you have non essential loads then un tick limit to load. You should also put a tick in priority load.

Enable timer and then set the SOC for the various times. Inverter power limiter also needs to be increased to maximum value using the up key.
I'll have a look how the installer did the setup and compare it with your suggestion. And ask for help from there.
I have read the manual but still not 100% on what must be changed to what.

Thanks for the help guys

Doom5003

Can't this wait until you are home?
Will definitely only look at and change the setup when I'm back but I'm just trying to get some general ideas of what needs/can be done.
I have limited info regarding the current setup but will supply them as soon as I can

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Will definitely only look at and change the setup when I'm back but I'm just trying to get some general ideas of what needs/can be done.
I have limited info regarding the current setup but will supply them as soon as I can
Yeah I deleted my post after I pictured myself with a new toy and wasn't there to play with it. :p

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Yeah I deleted my post after I pictured myself with a new toy and wasn't there to play with it. :p
Yes, I saw the photograph was taken at around 03H30 this morning o_O
Then I remembered the first week with my own Sunsynk, running up and down to the garage, fiddling and pushing buttons at all hours, I even considered replacing the garage door with an auto open or revolving one... :ROFL::laugh:

Doom5003

So this is the setup as it is now. Not sure what it all means. I just want power to be firstly draw from panels and secondly batteries and then grid.
Excess power from panels to be stored in batteries and some of the batteries % to be put aside for loadshedding if possible.
Is this setup accordingly to my needs? IMG_20211024_093144.jpg

AchmatK

Executive Member
So this is the setup as it is now. Not sure what it all means. I just want power to be firstly draw from panels and secondly batteries and then grid.
Excess power from panels to be stored in batteries and some of the batteries % to be put aside for loadshedding if possible.
Is this setup accordingly to my needs? View attachment 1173680
That should work. You are leaving 70% for load shedding.

You are in old software so maybe get your installer to request a software upgrade.

Doom5003

Think I'll lower the loadshedding amount to 50%. Have 2 Pylontech US2000B batteries and see how it goes

Sayf777

Expert Member
You should set it at 100% at 13 and 17.

21 you can leave move it 70
1 at 50.

So this can cut down your overall bill to cover your standby load outside of peak sun.

This also depends on your base load (cctv/fridge/freezers- check what's your usage at night with no microwave/kettle usage etc), what's connected to your essential load..

Doom5003

You should set it at 100% at 13 and 17.

21 you can leave move it 70
1 at 50.

So this can cut down your overall bill to cover your standby load outside of peak sun.

This also depends on your base load (cctv/fridge/freezers- check what's your usage at night with no microwave/kettle usage etc), what's connected to your essential load..
I have no idea if there is even essential load

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Note that this config will also run your batteries down to 70% in the night, and then use the grid. Do you have suffficient capacity to service baseload on batteries for a full night?

Doom5003

I can always do a test run and see just how much is remaining coming morning.
And then adjust as needed

Doom5003

Everytime the grid goes down there's an alarm that goes off. How do I disable this cause having it sound 3am in the morning is very bad for my health (angry wife)
I see there's an option about beeping, is that it?

Sayf777

Expert Member
Everytime the grid goes down there's an alarm that goes off. How do I disable this cause having it sound 3am in the morning is very bad for my health (angry wife)
I see there's an option about beeping, is that it?
Yes, but unless there's an overload they shouldn't be an alarm. If you go to inverter what Alarm codes does it show (that happened at 3am)?