The best 100Mbps uncapped fibre packages on Openserve and Vumatel

jayrais

The best 100Mbps uncapped fibre packages on Openserve and Vumatel

WebAfica may be the cheapest on the 100 MBs Openserve Network, but the service experience I had was the worst. I switched from AfriHost (10MBs) to WebAfrica's 100MBs. Everything I streamed via the WebAfrica ISP buffered, I downgraded to 10MBs after 2 months. So I will advise in this case, "best" should be used very cautiously. In SA, Fibre is not the great ADSL problem solver, the only way I improved my service is by subscribing to other value-added services and not totally relying on "fast download" speeds. I suspect WebAfrica's strategy is to lure people away from competitors with "cheaper" 100 MBs prices but when you switch you find out that you have an equivalent of a 2MBs ADSL service, (like in my case) you then downgrade to 10MBs but WebAfrica has you for the next 12 months, which is a pretty cunning strategy if you think about it.

Swa

Honorary Master
I'm also interested in this, though I seem to recall someone posting that you have to pay it whenever you change ISP's.
Vuma charges R999 whenever you change ISP or reactivate. Some ISPs pay it for you but there's usually a clawback clause so just be wary.