The best ADSL service provider in South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ...

Banned
From where I sit and from what I have read here, I am forced to arrive at no alternative narrative other than that myBB intentionally subverted the survey system with the express hope that Crystalweb will not win. Their survey rationale still remains unknown and their methodology appears obscure as illustrated. If objectivity is paramount (as it should be) then the corollary assumption is that the entire process was transparent - evidence of this is sadly non-existent, and hence this theory.

Unless somebody offers an opposing view which is plausible, I'll rest peacefully with my version..

I cannot agree with this, as based on this evidence alone, there is no evidence that MyBroadband did anything with intent. The data does not show intent in any way (it cannot), and to say that it does would be equally as presumptuous as the conclusions I am criticising. There is evidence of quality control issues that need to be addressed at MyBroadband, but there is no evidence that it is borne of ill-intent against anyone in particular.

The only evidence of intent not to engage exists on the commercial front, and again I have no evidence that it exists against others, and make no statements of that taking place. I can only speak of personal experience and the data presented/published.

If anything this is an opportunity to identify the flaws and resolve them, rather than a chance to claim conspiracy. While there does exist a major cause for consideration on the commercial front (and therefore conspiracy conclusions are understandable) and answers to questions as to why certain ISPs are explicitly refused commercial benefits from MyBroadband while given the carrot-run-around and costing them money in the process, the issue of the ISP voting and conclusions can be addressed separately and should be done so as a commitment from MyBB to members and participating ISPs. The fact that the data is inherently flawed (unless shown otherwise, which is the intent of this open discussion around it) and the conclusions irrational, means that there is an imperative for MyBB to resolve this.

I'm not here to have a fight about it, but to rather address it openly and maturely with supporting evidence. The issues pertaining to Crystal Web can be addressed publicly in a separate thread or in private if MyBB communicate that they wish to do so. Primarily the issue here is that the data being used, methodology employed, and conclusions being drawn, are wholly incorrect and/or incomplete, and it is not to anyone's benefit. Although it is rational to conclude that, given the wide margin of error and equal probability of the variables being accurate at any point, that an inversed list conclusion for example could be drawn and published with the same level of confidence. It does mean that if one ISP is selected and one data point used on the conclusion side as top-rated, that anyone else with an upper error margin above 7.824 could state that they won, with the exact same level of confidence as the original claim. In fact I'd argue that the top 7 are all tied for first given the huge margins of error and could get away with stating as such with the ASA. However that would be rather unscrupulous, and a tacit approval of NPS as well, so would be in rather poor taste. However what applies to position #7 ISP applies equally to 3, 2, and 1...

Last edited:

rwenzori

Honorary Master
It is incredible how shabbily you have been treated. In fact, how tacky the site has become, with massive adverts, click-bait articles masquerading as news, shoddy journalism. Praise the lord for adblockers.

Masataka

It is incredible how shabbily you have been treated. In fact, how tacky the site has become, with massive adverts, click-bait articles masquerading as news, shoddy journalism. Praise the lord for adblockers.

Agreed, quality has dropped drastically.

DJ...

Banned
Will MyBB be responding to this thread at all or communicating with us in private to address the issues raised, as we have once again not received any communication or follow-up, but rather only the 1st response from Jan in this thread and that was it.

I feel the data submitted in this thread is actionable, and accurate (it's an incredibly simple stats calculation) and we need to know for certain if MyBB will engage with us on this to discuss amicably, as we wish for nothing more on the topic of stats than for this data to be accurate, which until otherwise corrected, I maintain it is not, and is off by a very long shot...

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Will MyBB be responding to this thread at all or communicating with us in private to address the issues raised, as we have one again not received any communication or follow-up, but rather only the 1st response from Jan in this thread and that was it.

I feel the data submitted in this thread is actionable, and accurate (it's an incredibly simple stats calculation) and we need to know for certain if MyBB will engage with us on this to discuss amicably, as we wish for nothing more on the topic of stats than for this data to be accurate, which until otherwise corrected, I maintain it is not, and is off by a very long shot...

I second your request for a MYBB response .... The implications of these stats being used for other purposes are significant ....
BTW have you seen this ...... http://mybroadband.co.za/news/adsl/162908-why-techies-love-axxess-and-afrihost.html

Last edited:

DJ...

Banned
I second your request for a MYBB response .... The implications of these stats being used for other purposes are significant ....
BTW have you seen this ...... http://mybroadband.co.za/news/adsl/162908-why-techies-love-axxess-and-afrihost.html

Yeah, I did. I cannot believe it. The survey results were also republished yesterday again over MyGaming, so it does appear as if MyBB are OK with the problems, or have resolved them. Either way we need to know as an affected party...

Status
Not open for further replies.