The best-designed PC monitor I've ever used

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
The best-designed PC monitor I've ever used

Monitors are a ubiquitous peripheral across offices and homes worldwide, and are essential when using a PC.

They aren't usually very well-designed however, often occupying an unfair share of desk space due to bulky stands. This is especially true if you have large displays with greedy bases that take up precious space on your already-cluttered desk.

Corelli

So wait its the best monitor because you can swivel the bracket. Most Graphics Designers may not support you on that.

Corelli

Indeed. My mistake. Its like buying the Porsche edition Blackberry. Cool to look at, but extinct shortly afterwards. Personally I would just get a decent bracket, and then you have the same setup.

The best monitor still has to be the Dell UP3218K monitor, 7680x4320 resolution, 32inch in size, Premiercolour 100% Adobe RGB, 1 billion colours, infinity edge.

But apart from them. Wait till you have to move a dozen or so monitors at work with these brackets because people moved, then you will start cursing.

Thats why we went for Dell P2417H.

Bebobwolf

I still think a monitor with 16:10 (1920 * 1200) ration is one of the better ones to get. The 4K the text gets so small useless as office monitor.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I can't imagine how small a 27" must feel against the back of a desk. My 46" Samsung TV that I use as a monitor is mounted at the end of my desk and feels like a very natural size. Like a 27" that was enlarged proportionately as it moved further away.

McT

The Humble Scot!
It is a monitor I would consider buying. 2 of them on my home desk would look amazing. I assume the monitor itself swivels left-right on the bracket. If yes, that would free up tons of space on my desk. Could swivel the monitor left toward my laptop for work use (when connected) and back right toward the home/gaming position for use.

That price though ... eina!

saor

Honorary Master
So you can't actually raise it up without pushing it to the back of the desk?