• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

The best Fibre and ADSL ISPs in South Africa – According to user rankings

marine1

Honorary Master
Cool Ideas is probably the best company I have dealt with, not just talking about ISP's

Waylander

Expert Member
No Crystal Web or Web Africa... Guess that ship has sailed.

But Cybersmart...? I wonder if they're abusing MyBroadband's lack of feedback verification like MTN did.

biometrics

Honorary Master
No Crystal Web or Web Africa... Guess that ship has sailed.

But Cybersmart...? I wonder if they're abusing MyBroadband's lack of feedback verification like MTN did.
That's weird. I'm happy with WebAfrica. Don't like their calendar month notice nonsense but their performance (business capped) is fine.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I don't think Telkom really cares. They have decent products and if people like them or not most are forced to use them or use LTE alternatives and that's not always viable.

Telkom is laughing all the way to the bank.

Dan C

Honorary Master
I don't think Telkom really cares. They have decent products and if people like them or not most are forced to use them or use LTE alternatives and that's not always viable.

Telkom is laughing all the way to the bank.
They are doing well with their mobile offerings.

I also didn't know RAIN did ADSL or Fibre as per the article's title.

pndh

I Note that Afrihost has dropped from being right at the top for years. They are now below major competitors. They have not been listening to their customers. They have implemented the worst decision possible as far as customer service. One used to be able to call in to get customer service - usually within a few minutes you could solve a problem. Now you have to wait as much as a day for someone to call you back. They also have a silly WhatsApp type in thing that leaves you hanging for hours. If they don't realize its not working and fix this I predict they will appear somewhere below Telkom on the list.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
No Crystal Web or Web Africa... Guess that ship has sailed. But Cybersmart...? I wonder if they're abusing MyBroadband's lack of feedback verification like MTN did.
We cannot identify Crystal Web or Webafrica on our platform (IP based). Our latest ratings are all based on the MyBroadband Speed test, which means only Afrihost subscribers can rate Afrihost, only MTN clients can rate MTN, and the like. This removes concerns about feedback verification.