The best fixed-LTE deals in South Africa

Kaysway

I’ve been sleeping on Cell C, they have some good deals there.

elriconess

Cell C has some good speeds too.
From a sleepy town called Lichtenburg

10839331016.png

moron51

Which providers sell fixed LTE that is locked to a specific location? That’s a deal killer for me. I like to take my LTE on holiday. Currently using Rain on Afrihost.

charlieb

I doubt the truth of the information in this article. I cannot find anyone offering MTN 75 + 75 for R299

nicroets

Cell C: Make sure you disable out of bundle when you receive your SIM. Otherwise you'll pay R80/GB.

Telkom can be used wherever they have LTE coverage. With Telkom you can also transfer up to 10 GB/month to a different SIM. For example to that family member who doesn't watch videos.

These Telkom bundles can be used for two months and the oldest data is always used first. So, if you go on a month long vacation where you don't use any data, you can carry over 100% the first month, 92% the next month etc. Until you carry over nothing and go on vacation again. So Telkom effectively gives most people 8% more (depending on how erratic your consumption is)

Last edited:

Dan C

Honorary Master
Cell C: Make sure you disable out of bundle when you receive your SIM. Otherwise you'll pay R80/GB.

Telkom can be used wherever they have LTE coverage. With Telkom you can also transfer up to 10 GB/month to a different SIM. For example to that family member who doesn't watch videos.

These Telkom bundles can be used for two months and the oldest data is always used first. So, if you go on a month long vacation where you don't use any data, you can carry over 100% the first month, 92% the next month etc. Until you carry over nothing and go on vacation again. So Telkom effectively gives most people 8% more (depending on how erratic your consumption is)
Most of the operators carry data over to the next month ,e.g. Vodacom. It's not just Telkom.

DXL

Expert Member
If anyone here is in contact with Vodacom. Please let them know their pricing is from 2010. Someone at Vodacom is fast asleep with pricing. Not even close to the other Operators.

Reactions: Swa

uchoose

Nothing spectacular here, why would I move from a high performance LTE network like MTN to save R10.

Swa

Honorary Master
Technically that R699 from Rain is 5G. Their LTE is R469.