The best mobile data packages available in South Africa – 120GB for R299

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
still cant fight unlimited R250 deal from rain,
yes yes, its slow, and yes its time limited, but honestly one cant beat that deal for the money you pay,

prove me wrong for R250, what can one get thats unlimited for the entire month.
There's a significant caveat with that and that is it's off peak only. Between 18:00 and 23:00 you're paying an additional R50 per gb.

eg2505

Honorary Master
There's a significant caveat with that and that is it's off peak only. Between 18:00 and 23:00 you're paying an additional R50 per gb.

100% agree,
peak time Rain is no good, its expensive,
if your not lucky enough to have fibre, you make do with whatever comes across that looks semi decent.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Eg2505... you were serious...a Rain user getting more than 30GB usable during the times you need to use it.
Yes. Lots of us have fokkol issues with the R250 uncapped rain product.

I get that equally people have **** with it, but I don't. And if it works for me, from my perspective and apparently egg252505's, it's the best mobile deal out there.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I'm generally with the Chinese during that time and the prons would be frowned upon anyway...

supersunbird

Honorary Master
still cant fight unlimited R250 deal from rain,
yes yes, its slow, and yes its time limited, but honestly one cant beat that deal for the money you pay,

prove me wrong for R250, what can one get thats unlimited for the entire month.

A friend has that package and during lockown months used anything from 220GB to 260GB per month. Good value for money if it works.

ashley3

Im using between 140 and 200 gigs a month, every month on rain.

Same here. I've done 135GB already and its only the 16th. There's nothing out there that compares
to the R250 Rain deal.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Same here. I've done 135GB already and its only the 16th. There's nothing out there that compares
to the R250 Rain deal.

I'm in the 24/7 package, still very good value for money.

Craig_

Honorary Master
The R479 for speeds up to 10Mbps and 360p video one?

Yip, more than sufficient for us. I'll see if I can post a screen shot tomorrow or over the weekend when I'm home, it's supposed to be limited to 360p but it's not.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
We're going away over the December holidays (if the second wave hasn't arrived yet) and I'll need between 100GB and 200GB for data for the kids to watch Netflix and Youtube while I'm drunk (taking a TV with). I've got a CellC and Telkom Mobile SIM in my phone so am keenly looking for data packages. From previous experience in the area, Vodacom and MTN are the most reliable so I might grab a pre-RICA'd sim from my Somali friend.

If anybody says anything about Rain, I will PK them through my laptop. :thumbsup:

Craig_

Honorary Master
We're going away over the December holidays (if the second wave hasn't arrived yet) and I'll need between 100GB and 200GB for data for the kids to watch Netflix and Youtube while I'm drunk (taking a TV with). I've got a CellC and Telkom Mobile SIM in my phone so am keenly looking for data packages. From previous experience in the area, Vodacom and MTN are the most reliable so I might grab a pre-RICA'd sim from my Somali friend.

If anybody says anything about Rain, I will PK them through my laptop. :thumbsup:

What kind of an animal takes a TV with on vacation? Where are you going?

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
I am sorry, is this clickbait Thursday?

120GB for R299 you know is pure BS.
Im trying to figure out where to find this product. If that becomes a thing, I will buy it. There is no Rain in my area, so that thats not an option. MTN, Vodacom or the local wifi provider.

Edit, ok, found this Telkom product. Not useful to me.

Its got a very confusing product name. 60 GB normal data, 60 GB nighttime data.

2020-10-16 15_27_15-Best-ever mobile data deals in South Africa – 120GB for R299.png

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
My in-laws own a holiday house in Lamberts Bay, so heading there. There's no TV though. The kids will need to be kept busy while I drink. You know for a fact that I don't watch TV for entertainment. I DRINK!

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
I live in one of those spaces soon to be invaded by many many many caravans. Many of them of little satellite dishes on them. Seems to be a common thing.

Christo4

Eg2505... you were serious...a Rain user getting more than 30GB usable during the times you need to use it.

No 30 GB is way to much.
Here in the bundus - Mossel Bay - think more like 20GB
But if it makes you happy, go for it. I can remember my copper line at 2mbs. Man was I happy. Then lockdown changed everything.