The best smartphones of 2018

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
The best smartphones of 2018

2018 was an interesting year for the smartphone industry, with many manufacturers trying out bold new designs while others stuck to traditional form factors.

Huawei cemented its place in the high-end smartphone market with the launch of its impressive Mate 20 Pro device, while the latter half of this year also saw the first devices with 7nm processors appear on the market.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
More variety needed. Nokia, LG, HTC, Sony etc.
Additionally add some of the up & coming Chinese brands.

beans100

Honorary Master
Looks like only phones sold by partner.....erm, in South Africa.
Everyone knows the Pocophone is the best, with it's water cooled cpu :whistling:

Ryansr

Expert Member
Well, according to a very reputable source, J. Williams on YouTube, the following 6 smartphones was the best releases for their American public that we mostly mimic in a sense:

Conack

Expert Member
**Most expensive smartphones with the biggest local marketing.

Comparing the famous Pocophone to the Note, S9, Pixel you find a shocking disparity between what you pay and what you get.

If "Best" is simply the highest specs and build quality available then you might as well list the Ferrari, Mclaren and Razor 2 phones.

Pointless.

greg0205

Honorary Master
What is the iPhone doing in the line up
Don't be that guy.

Tribalism is very five years ago. I know we still have a few Neanderthals roaming these parts, ready to attack iPhone threads with rocks and sticks, but they're ailing and their numbers are shrinking as we move to a "if it works for you, that's awesome" world.

Embrace the competition. Love what you have. Have a beer and chill...

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
As far as I'm concerned, the best phone of 2018 is the N9, simply because I have it and it is a great blower. The next time I upgrade, it will will be 2020.

dunkyd

Expert Member
Huawei sent me long fiddle to sort it out....press this, press that....

Genisys

Executive Member
**Most expensive smartphones with the biggest local marketing.

Comparing the famous Pocophone to the Note, S9, Pixel you find a shocking disparity between what you pay and what you get.

If "Best" is simply the highest specs and build quality available then you might as well list the Ferrari, Mclaren and Razor 2 phones.

Pointless.
And you are wrong, there is no local OnePlus offices, they don't even have any marketing locally.