The best smartphones you can buy for under R5,000

LCBXX

Honorary Master
The Xiaomi with the Snapdragon 625 will run circles around the others.

Hackson

Nokia 6 got android 8.1 yesterday. If that alone doesn't make you love the phone then I don't know what will. Samsung can't even keep up with their flagship.

OneKnight

ponder

Honorary Master
That's a beast ....
I got the Meizu M6 Note in Jan and I love the phone, the build quality is excellent, beats xiaomi, the cameras are great for the price (also sony), battery life is amazing. I had my reservations about their flyme os but have come to love it, beats my lineageos experience, also boot & shuts down faster than stock android.Have not had a bad experience and my next phone will be another meizu. pity they not as exposed as other brands as they make a really solid product.

Got quite a few people to order the same after playing with mine.

Last edited:

Dan C

Honorary Master
I got the Meizu M6 Note in Jan and I love the phone, the build quality is excellent, beats xiaomi, the cameras are great for the price (also sony), battery life is amazing. I had my reservations about their flyme os but have come to love it, beats my lineageos experience, also boot & shuts down faster than stock android.Have not had a bad experience and my next phone will be another meizu. pity they not as exposed as other brands as they make a really solid product.

Got quite a few people to order the same after playing with mine.
I will look into this when I consider a replacement. Thanks

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
If only the nokia 6 had a better battery, or Xiaomi did stock latest version of android