The big online delivery opportunity in 2020 – Alcohol

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
The big online delivery opportunity in 2020 – Alcohol

Companies from Amazon.com Inc. to Walmart Inc. are finding that fresh-grocery delivery is challenging. But there’s one niche of the market that seems ripe with opportunity in 2020: booze.

The opportunity is clear: The volume of liquor sold online in the U.S. should more than quadruple by 2024, reaching an estimated value of $13.4 billion, according to researcher IWSR. To take advantage of it, retailers will have to navigate thorny U.S. regulations that make scaling up tough.

[Bloomberg]

Genisys

Executive Member
Now making it easier to get drunk and addicted to alcohol. Wonderful.

chrisc

Executive Member
Will the delivery person check the bona-fides of the buyer, or will they rely on an ID number? Other people's IDs are easy to obtain

Azg

Expert Member
I wish they would deliver after hours - when the booze runs out is when you really need the service!

chrisc

Executive Member
I think Google maps should show the locations of shebeens, plus driving directions both ways. I know of 2 in my area and a huge one 15 mins drive away, offering 24 hour service

What about the poor people unable to get a drink because its all gone? Surely that is discrimination?

At least our local SPAR Tops is open 7 days a week

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Big opportunity for 2020? Please, we been having it already with the Bottles App already...

Stokstert

Executive Member
With Makro you will be lucky to get your Christmas order during Easter,next Christmas or not at all;).