The BitCo experience presently?

BamboozledAttorney

Does anyone know how well BitCo is these days?

Backstory: Currently at WebAfrica and for the last two weeks we have been experiencing a lot of interruptions in speed or connections, and they are not really responsive when it comes to tickets logged.

My older brother is suggesting me to jump over to BitCo because they have much more better packages at better prices too.

But going to older threads involving users experiences with BitCo, outlook not so good. Saying that, this is from 2018 and BitCo might have been a young ISP back then.

So, before I make the big jump, how has your (whoever has their service) experience been with the ISP?

MDE

Expert Member
Unfortunately can't help on Bitco but also consider Cool Ideas. Have many good ratings and reviews.

cobusv

yeah dont know bitco myself, but recently made the jump to WebSquad, and so far things are going well,

@websquadza

Reactions: MDE

TPants

Been with them for 14months, no issues at all, I think they share certain transit with business clients so even during the cable breaks I still had excellent single thread performance and latency to London. I don’t game much so can’t comment there but downloads always max out the line, with the promo upgrade I’m now reaching the router limits but not fussed. Also connected through an inverter, always had internet during load shedding. Think 95% of fibre issues are down to the last mile and exchange/backhaul issues so probably cannot go wrong with any of the ISPs with a good presence here. I read through all the threads and generally the feedback is very open and willing to help. I’m on the 50/50 package with Bitco on Vuma trenched in Bryanston.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Does anyone know how well BitCo is these days?

Backstory: Currently at WebAfrica and for the last two weeks we have been experiencing a lot of interruptions in speed or connections, and they are not really responsive when it comes to tickets logged.

My older brother is suggesting me to jump over to BitCo because they have much more better packages at better prices too.

But going to older threads involving users experiences with BitCo, outlook not so good. Saying that, this is from 2018 and BitCo might have been a young ISP back then.

So, before I make the big jump, how has your (whoever has their service) experience been with the ISP?
Have a business link on Bitco as it is the only option in the office park. The support for business is shocking so would not imagine that consumer is any better.
Their virtual PBX is manual. No customer UI. Everything via a phone call. As frustrating and pull your hair out bad experience as using Vodacom Business Internet with the dodge Home Gateway router.

midasza

Hi, two clients on Bitco currently, one games, one doesn't. Performance is middle of the road, 180ms to Europe for the gamer and the other client is just general browsing without streaming both on vumatel trenched and so far no real issues but its been less than a year for both.