The Bitcoin fork - What options South Africans have

Thor

Honorary Master
Bad call from Luno.

They will support Bitcoin Cash, if the talks in the US is anything to go by.

BCC is here to stay, it's not going away.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Bad call from Luno.

They will support Bitcoin Cash, if the talks in the US is anything to go by.

BCC is here to stay, it's not going away.
Agree. Poor form really. It means that they can take the BTC that you have invested there and deposit it on an exchange which does support BCH and just pocket the BCH. Which is what I'm sure they are doing.

Damac10

In many ways BCC has prevented value of BTC from tanking as we approach 1 August and many people want to get BCC for free at split. Its going nowhere

Swa

Honorary Master
So they won't be providing BCC but will receive it regardless as they hold the wallet keys? Bad form.

Swa

Honorary Master
Should I be converting my Ether to BTC in my Jaxx Wallet? What will my new BCC keys be?

etienne_marais

Executive Member
It would have been nice if Luno could have provided for BCC but I don't think they are doing anything audacious. The amount of BCC you will have at the onset of BCC is the amount of BTC when the chain is duplicated and incorporated into BCC. All you have to do is withdraw your BTC from Luno soon enough before the chain is duplicated which includes enough time for your balance to propagate through the nodes.

Swa

Honorary Master
This is my q. Promise of free coin - how will it be delivered?
According to their statement BCH will be incorporated into Jaxx. All you need to do is have the BTC in your wallet during the fork. Seems the biggest obstacle is them waiting for the new chain to download as all the programming is already done.

Swa

Honorary Master
The only question I have left is what will the value of BTC and BCH be after the fork?