The boom of mobile means the future of PC is uncertain

cerebus

Honorary Master
That is a bit unfair to the Nexus 7. A number of reviews have taken the time to point out that it is an excellent device, augmented further by its low price. Which is why I said that it is a good starting point for Android tablets, hugely belated though it is.
No you're right, it's an excellent device. I'm still scheming how to get one myself actually.

I think this depends hugely on the ability for Apple to further innovate the iPad. Or rather, actually innovate it. But milking the Apple loyalists has done well for them thus far... and Android OEMs are not going to keep offering up below par tech forever. Will be interesting to see how Apple react.
There is no milking of Apple loyalists happening here, it's the most commonly repeated myth around. The growth numbers for the iPad are huge. Of the stats I gave earlier, that's 71% of 44% of US teens owning an iPad of some kind by now. Were they all loyalists? It's impossible. As for innovation well... eh it's going to be fruitless to go down that route.

dudewotevr

Expert Member
I've never tried to hide it, have I? Doesn't stop me using any device I feel like quite happily, and still doesn't make any of my arguments any less valid. It certainly doesn't warrant personal attacks.

Personal attacks, no certainly not warranted. However you come across as anything but measured. It seems like fanboy-ism, some sort of subset of obsession (hehe alliteration win), imo.

dudewotevr

Expert Member
No you're right, it's an excellent device. I'm still scheming how to get one myself actually.

There is no milking of Apple loyalists happening here, it's the most commonly repeated myth around. The growth numbers for the iPad are huge. Of the stats I gave earlier, that's 71% of 44% of US teens owning an iPad of some kind by now. Were they all loyalists? It's impossible. As for innovation well... eh it's going to be fruitless to go down that route.

Ya it's very cool to have what everyone else has, ever been a teenager?

cerebus

Honorary Master
Personal attacks, no certainly not warranted. However you come across as anything but measured. It seems like fanboy-ism, some sort of subset of obsession (hehe alliteration win), imo.

Well I don't mind too much how I come across. I'm pretty measured irl. If I could choose any phone now it would firstly be iPhone5, then Xperia S, then Nokia 920, then Galaxy Nexus - and I can tell you precisely why for each one. As for tablets it would be ipad3, then Nexus 7, then Transformer Infinity. For laptops I'll take a Macbook Pro retina (until then I wouldn't have touched a Mac), followed by a Razer Blade 2. For personal computer I won't touch a Mac with a bargepole. I don't know what kind of fanboy it makes me that I prefer iPhone5 and iPad3 over the alternatives but I don't really care either.

Last edited:

falcon786

Honorary Master
Why should I care what you say about me you weird obsessive little oddball?

Oh I don't care what you think I think about what you think etc etc..... I'm just pointing it out to everybody else here.The comment that started this was ABOUT you not TO you.;)

Even if I do debate largely on the side of Apple, which I won't dispute, I manage to do so without resorting to personal insults or throwing temper tantrums like your pathetic outburst. So isn't it healthy to have someone who is pro-Apple to debate against?

Oh I'm not angry or throwing a tantrum at all,just taking the mickey out of you for being an isheep,you make it so easy btw :D
And its not an insult to call a drug addict a drug addict even if he cant see it himself,its simply an observation.I have nothing personal against you,I just don't like you advertising for Apple for free on the forum,contact rpm I'm sure he can find advertising spots for you and Apple on the site.;)

He's certainly not the only one to notice your massive iBoner.

Lol

Replacing one fallacy with another is also very cool.

You see,you are willing to even bend facts of life to prove a point for Apple.Everybody knows that Apple makes great phones and devices but discounting the fact that its fashionable adds to sales makes you look deluded.

Many people buy it because they like it after doing research about it or using it..... but there are also many that buy it because its the in thing to have and makes you the cool kid on the block or in your group of friends.And nobody wants to be left out if everybody else has one.In general the statement is true and not a fallacy.

I'm in business and I know that for a fact is how people especially younger people and women think..Ive seen it happening with my own clients in various fields for years now but you will try to make it a lie to push your APPLE IS THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD agendas.

Last edited:

Maverick Jester

The Special One
There is no milking of Apple loyalists happening here, it's the most commonly repeated myth around. The growth numbers for the iPad are huge. Of the stats I gave earlier, that's 71% of 44% of US teens owning an iPad of some kind by now. Were they all loyalists? It's impossible.

US teens... not really the best market to use in this context?

As for innovation well... eh it's going to be fruitless to go down that route.

:D

2558158-i_see_what_you_did_there_spiderman_.jpg

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Well I don't mind too much how I come across. I'm pretty measured irl. If I could choose any phone now it would firstly be iPhone5, then Xperia S, then Nokia 920, then Galaxy Nexus - and I can tell you precisely why for each one. As for tablets it would be ipad3, then Nexus 7, then Transformer Infinity. For laptops I'll take a Macbook Pro retina (until then I wouldn't have touched a Mac), followed by a Razer Blade 2. For personal computer I won't touch a Mac with a bargepole. I don't know what kind of fanboy it makes me that I prefer iPhone5 and iPad3 over the alternatives but I don't really care either.

I have been meaning to ask you if you would consider the iPhone 5...

Why is it at the top of your list though?

cerebus

Honorary Master
I have been meaning to ask you if you would consider the iPhone 5...

Why is it at the top of your list though?

Ag well.....
1) It's just a beautiful piece of work. I think that's what most people actually really want in a phone - something exceptionally beautiful. It's refined everything about the iPhone4 and the material looks like a flippen stealth fighter. The two-tone thing is super classy. The screen looks (from videos of the thing) to be another notch up in vividness as well. Specs-wise it's at least equal to anything else out there. To me at least (and it is just about me and my taste after all) it's the best thing Apple have designed so far, and the best looking phone on the market.

2) I prefer iOS apps. Not iOS itself, that's a tossup with Android for speed versus features. But the apps always seem to be of a much higher quality.

That seems to be a pretty good set of reasons right there.
It was at the top of his list before it was even released or anybody knew anything about it so go figure
No, only when I saw the Gizmodo renders and I realized what it would actually look like as a final product. Before that I wasn't so bothered about it.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Ugh how did this thread derail so badly? I'm sorry. I just like to argue too much.

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Ag well.....
1) It's just a beautiful piece of work. I think that's what most people actually really want in a phone - something exceptionally beautiful. It's refined everything about the iPhone4 and the material looks like a flippen stealth fighter. The two-tone thing is super classy. The screen looks (from videos of the thing) to be another notch up in vividness as well. Specs-wise it's at least equal to anything else out there. To me at least (and it is just about me and my taste after all) it's the best thing Apple have designed so far, and the best looking phone on the market.

Can't disagree with you there. I was oh so close to getting a white iPhone 4S- I still consider that the most elegant and classy phone created (well, until I can see the iPhone 5 in hand). I am definitely going to brainwash the SO into getting one next year :D (she has a Macbook, so I'll use the "ecosystem" excuse).

In the end, I opted for the SII, pricing being the main (but not decisive) reason. Don't regret the decision :) and with the future of Android looking very good, I can see myself sticking to it...

2) I prefer iOS apps. Not iOS itself, that's a tossup with Android for speed versus features. But the apps always seem to be of a much higher quality.

This was my biggest drawcard to Android- I love the wide variety of features. I can live with some of the gremlins that a few custom ROMs have. I have never found an app to be of bad quality- and I had a Blackberry, so there was a barometer of some sorts. Considering a tablet to use at the office in the new year... If only the Note 10.1 wasn't such a steaming pile :(

Ah wait, before I post- Adobe Reader. What a rubbish app.