Status
Not open for further replies.

Hxogxkgxbkx

Quick review from Mustafa

This is supposed to be 50g altogether and on the scale it shows 63g which is expected since I didn't take it out the bags but sadly also because the product was not properly dried. The stems were bendy but there wasn't an overwhelming ammonia smell so this can still be saved. On the contrary, for outdoor this smells good even through the multiple layers of packaging (surprised the courier guy didn't steal it.)

As you can see in the closeups, the buds still have lots of trichomes on it unlike 420Monkeys that clearly extracts the trichomes to get concentrates then sells the buds at a great markup, which just seems greedy to me.

If anyone's interested, I will be smoking various methods (vape, joint, bing, pipe) to check if the smoke & high is any good. Also I'm glad to report there are clearly different smells on the buds, with Unknown Strain smelling a bit more fruity - can't wait to try it in the vape. Curious to see if more indica or sativa

Edit: so far Unknown Strain vapes really good. No harshness and allows me to take monster hits. And for those wondering if Unknown Strain is a sativa or indica, she's most likely a Sativa dominant as I can feel the head high but then again the bud wasn't properly grinded because its a bit wet which could be due to the transport and tight Seran wrap (when will Africans learn to vacuum seal weed?)

The vape session could be compromised due to the grind consistency being off because of the high moisture content.

I am busy drying the bulk of this and put ~2g away for use during the day (low I know but I also take a 150mg edible split in 2 to cover my shift on work days and I gotta be sober for the new "manager") but anyway, my desk is reeking when I opened the top drawer (I store my weed I the bottom drawer because it "jams" & has to be opened very specifically or else it will be "locked". Work from home for he win... Gives me more time to spend with my babies growing under QB

Attachments

• IMG_20210317_102550.jpg
    IMG_20210317_102550.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20210317_102701.jpg
    IMG_20210317_102701.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20210317_102713.jpg
    IMG_20210317_102713.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20210317_102734.jpg
    IMG_20210317_102734.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20210317_102751.jpg
    IMG_20210317_102751.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

CrocS

Quick review from Mustafa

This is supposed to be 50g altogether and on the scale it shows 63g which is expected since I didn't take it out the bags but sadly also because the product was not properly dried. The stems were bendy but there wasn't an overwhelming ammonia smell so this can still be saved. On the contrary, for outdoor this smells good even through the multiple layers of packaging (surprised the courier guy didn't steal it.)

As you can see in the closeups, the buds still have lots of trichomes on it unlike 420Monkeys that clearly extracts the trichomes to get concentrates then sells the buds at a great markup, which just seems greedy to me.

If anyone's interested, I will be smoking various methods (vape, joint, bing, pipe) to check if the smoke & high is any good. Also I'm glad to report there are clearly different smells on the buds, with Unknown Strain smelling a bit more fruity - can't wait to try it in the vape. Curious to see if more indica or sativa

Edit: so far Unknown Strain vapes really good. No harshness and allows me to take monster hits. And for those wondering if Unknown Strain is a sativa or indica, she's most likely a Sativa dominant as I can feel the head high but then again the bud wasn't properly grinded because its a bit wet which could be due to the transport and tight Seran wrap (when will Africans learn to vacuum seal weed?)

The vape session could be compromised due to the grind consistency being off because of the high moisture content.

I am busy drying the bulk of this and put ~2g away for use during the day (low I know but I also take a 150mg edible split in 2 to cover my shift on work days and I gotta be sober for the new "manager") but anyway, my desk is reeking when I opened the top drawer (I store my weed I the bottom drawer because it "jams" & has to be opened very specifically or else it will be "locked". Work from home for he win... Gives me more time to spend with my babies growing under QB
Now I'm keen for the Unknown Strain, I've always thought is the very low quality

Hxogxkgxbkx

Now I'm keen for the Unknown Strain, I've always thought is the very low quality
Yes bru, good value for money. You can see it as the first of the close-up buds and the two headed one is Critical Haze. You see how much trichomes it has?

Call me cheap but I took the R660 package for 25g US + 25g Critical Kush because 25g US on its own is R500 so I'm saving money by buying more but let me hou my bek before they say I'm a shill

free3dom

How do you guys dry your buds if they are a bit wet still.
Just hang them upside down in a dark, dry area - a closet that isn't opened often works well (you can use hangers and clothespins to hang them).
If you have a larger area you can keep dark most of the time, add a fan into the mix to speed things up a bit.
Side note: Keep the drying area clean! Dust will settle on your bud if it comes in contact.

Once they're dry enough (stems break easily), I like to put them in a sealed container with 58/62% Boveda packs (and then just open them daily for a week or so).

supafly1

Just hang them upside down in a dark, dry area - a closet that isn't opened often works well (you can use hangers and clothespins to hang them).
If you have a larger area you can keep dark most of the time, add a fan into the mix to speed things up a bit.
Side note: Keep the drying area clean! Dust will settle on your bud if it comes in contact.

Once they're dry enough (stems break easily), I like to put them in a sealed container with 58/62% Boveda packs (and then just open them daily for a week or so).
thanks a mill, will give it a try, Where to purchase Boveda packs in Durban though.

free3dom

thanks a mill, will give it a try, Where to purchase Boveda packs in Durban though.
Not sure, I usually buy mine online from here:

But I see JJ Cale tobacco shops stock them, you can try contact one in KZN and see if they have stock:

This is quite a hectic claim to make, any proof of 420M doing this?

Hxogxkgxbkx

An hour in the dryer and they're ready to be stored in jars. You can tell he grows his own by how many pistils fall off when handling the buds and the trichome density.
This is quite a hectic claim to make, any proof of 420M doing this?
Compare the buds close up then you'll see. And its not that uncommon of a practice to harvest trichomes for concentrates. You ever wonder where they get all these exotic extracts like THC crystals and Shatter, etc. That takes a lot of resin. We all know 420m sells some cool concentrate combos but to see a seller give this quality of bud for that price is refreshing.

Last edited:

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
An hour in the dryer and they're ready to be stored in jars. You can tell he grows his own by how many pistils fall off when handling the buds and the trichome density.

Compare the buds close up then you'll see. And its not that uncommon of a practice to harvest trichomes for concentrates. You ever wonder where they get all these exotic extracts like THC crystals and Shatter, etc. That takes a lot of resin. We all know 420m sells some cool concentrate combos but to see a seller give this quality of bud for that price is refreshing.
How do they remove the trichomes?

I just cannot imagine anyone actually selling the leftovers from any sort of concentrate manufacturing process, it'd be of such absurdly low quality you'd likely be better off smoking car guard swazi

Hxogxkgxbkx

Yes outdoor grow and it's almost ready :).
I checked mine today and it looks like the buds are now hitting that stretch
How do they remove the trichomes?
Bubble bags. You mix it with dry ice which seperates the buds from the trichomes or rather the hash. Then depending on how you process the hash you can get wax, shatter, dabs, etc.

That or you do a dry sift but usually if a seller sells concentrates, they do this and sell low quality buds as "indoor" which it technically is but you know wtf bro

Hxogxkgxbkx

I just cannot imagine anyone actually selling the leftovers from any sort of concentrate manufacturing process, it'd be of such absurdly low quality you'd likely be better off smoking car guard swazi
It's common practice for sellers of concentrates. Also its super easy, barely an inconvenience.

You are left over with buds that are smokable & potency isn't affected dramatically as you mostly get the trichomes on the outer layers, which isn't that much over all but depending on your harvest can be an ounce or more.

Brother you need to get into growing then you will understand all the tricks. Do a trichome test on 420M's product. And Car Guard Swazi is sometimes very strong, don't play bru

Cheap =/= Weak just like Expensive =/= not processed weed or high potency

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.