• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

The Cash In Transit (CIT) Robbery Thread

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Here is why in cash-in-transit heists have boomed

Easy access to explosives and corruption in the police system are some of the reasons for a dramatic increase in cash-in-transit heists‚ a study has found.

Dr Mahlogonolo Thobane‚ who focuses on criminology‚ found that due to a lack of control in the mining sector‚ robbers find it easy to access explosives for heists.

“The ramification of armed robberies is currently costing the banking and cash-in-transit industries vast amounts of money‚ not only in cash being stolen‚ but also due to money being spent on fighting this crime. The expenditure of these industries on target hardening and surveillance measures is radically increasing as perpetrators become more professional and sophisticated‚” Thobane found.
Read More...
https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...is-why-in-cash-in-transit-heists-have-boomed/

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Cele, Sitole set to announce plan to tackle aggravated robberies

PRETORIA - As the number of cash-in-transit heists continues to rise, Police Minister Bheki Cele and National Commissioner Khehla Sitole are on Monday expected to announce the strategy to tackle aggravated robberies.

The announcement follows weeks of targeted attempts on cash vans, which have seen gunfights and other brazen attacks.

The latest figures reveal that there have been more than 140 cash heists this year alone.
Read More...
http://ewn.co.za/2018/06/04/cele-sitole-set-to-announce-plan-to-tackle-aggravated-robberies

Lupus

Honorary Master
Become a completely cashless society, then what are they going to steal??

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Start implementing discounts to patrons who make a cashless payment. Cash is expensive to handle on all levels.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Heard about the one near President Hyper in Krugersdorp today and another one at a Total petrol station in Witbank, also today.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I've got none of that, all I've got is my electronics.
They'll take those and demand more. They'll turn the house upside down if they have time. If they have they nu.bers, they'll do this while torturing you or family members.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
And you will see I mentioned the Witbank one. Thanks to whatsapp I'll have the CIT scoops...
A little worn out this morning. I don't know how I missed it :)

Edit: Didn't even notice I'm standing a few metres from a cash van

Last edited:

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Whatever happened to the ink stain concept for stolen money.

They can rig these bags to explode, making it difficult to adequately organize a hit.

There seems to be 0 deterrents apart from armed guard with armoured truck. Yawn.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Whatever happened to the ink stain concept for stolen money.

They can rig these bags to explode, making it difficult to adequately organize a hit.

There seems to be 0 deterrents apart from armed guard with armoured truck. Yawn.
Apparently they've figured a way to clean the notes.

maumau

Honorary Master
Is there any proof of how much money's in those vans? Or is a number just thrown out and assumed to be true?