The Cash In Transit (CIT) Robbery Thread

rvZA

Expert Member
Driving out of this situation is also a skill. He did well by not attempting to engage. Any taskforce member would probably have reacted the same way under heavy fire. Kudos to him for doing what he did.

He did exactly what he was trained to do. Drive out of the situation. When the vehicle was no longer moving, he got out, which is also what you are supposed to do. Staying inside the vehicle is a death trap.

gottagoon

Executive Member
He did exactly what he was trained to do. Drive out of the situation. When the vehicle was no longer moving, he got out, which is also what you are supposed to do. Staying inside the vehicle is a death trap.
How the **** he managed to both drive and stop his massive balls getting in the way is a mystery to me.

Some okes are just born like that.

rvZA

Expert Member
Use it.... don't use it.... that crew member can go to bed each night and thank his lucky stars he was with that ex-Task Force member. Had it been any other person, things may have ended very differently for them.

gottagoon

Executive Member
Use it.... don't use it.... that crew member can go to bed each night and thank his lucky stars he was with that ex-Task Force member. Had it been any other person, things may have ended very differently for them.
The okes eyes were wide and scared and all over the show. I never saw that the first time I watched the video.

I've watched it multiple times now. And the absolute calmness and situation control that the driver had is awesome.

Kudos to him. Much respect. No way I could have done it.

rvZA

Expert Member
The okes eyes were wide and scared and all over the show. I never saw that the first time I watched the video.

I've watched it multiple times now. And the absolute calmness and situation control that the driver had is awesome.

Kudos to him. Much respect. No way I could have done it.

Yes, I do suspect that the crew was either inexperienced or simply not cut out for this job. I think he totally froze and cut out. He could not even make that backup call to whoever he was supposed to, nor did he cock the gun as instructed. At the end, he also did not get out of the vehicle quick enough.

On the other hand, the ex-policeman was calm and you can see he had experience in situations like this. His training was proper. He was ready for such situation and ready for war too. I am not surprised that the robbers fled when he got out of the vehicle and waited for them. He would probably have killed all of them if they decided to take him on. This is probably their best decision they made to flee too.

Yes, he did well, but also as he was trained in both the police college and STF.

gottagoon

Executive Member
Yes, I do suspect that the crew was either inexperienced or simply not cut out for this job. I think he totally froze and cut out. He could not even make that backup call to whoever he was supposed to, nor did he cock the gun as instructed. At the end, he also did not get out of the vehicle quick enough.

On the other hand, the ex-policeman was calm and you can see he had experience in situations like this. His training was proper. He was ready for such situation and ready for war too. I am not surprised that the robbers fled when he got out of the vehicle and waited for them. He would probably have killed all of them if they decided to take him on. This is probably their best decision they made to flee too.

Yes, he did well, but also as he was trained in both the police college and STF.
It's so nice to see/watch a video in South Africa where criminals don't get their way.

It's so good for the soul to know that there are capable people out there still that haven't ****ed off yet to other countries.

Much respect for the driver :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

rvZA

Expert Member
It's so nice to see/watch a video in South Africa where criminals don't get their way.

It's so good for the soul to know that there are capable people out there still that haven't ****ed off yet to other countries.

Much respect for the driver :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Absolutely! Couldn't agree more!

Acid0

Expert Member
As I understand it the driver is an ex SAPS Taskforce member.
Yip Ex task force, I attended one of his courses a year or so back.
He is a instructor for gun training in Pretoria.

Apparently they say if he drives they are moving high value stuff he does not just get behind the wheel for no reason.

But funny enough the way he looks around all the time almost gives you the idea they either knew something is going to happen or he anticipated they going to get hit.

But just shows you what good training can do for you when you turn around the fight and take it to them

Excellent job from him, he deserves a case of bells

Gordon_R

Honorary Master

Apparently they say if he drives they are moving high value stuff he does not just get behind the wheel for no reason.

But funny enough the way he looks around all the time almost gives you the idea they either knew something is going to happen or he anticipated they going to get hit.

But just shows you what good training can do for you when you turn around the fight and take it to them

Thanks for the feedback. It's amusing how many comments on YT say he should be given a 'promotion'. He is already the boss. IMO the cab view video was leaked as a PR and training message, and going viral served its purpose (13M views so far).

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Thanks for the feedback. It's amusing how many comments on YT say he should be given a 'promotion'. He is already the boss. IMO the cab view video was leaked as a PR and training message, and going viral served its purpose (13M views so far).
There's no doubt the gentleman did exceptionally well under the circumstances. I was cheering behind the screen as bullets were raining on his vehicle. However, people should also note that this is not the first such successful evasive driving in industry under siege from highly coordinated syndicates. There has been a few others. It shows what the industry is going through at the moment.

rvZA

Expert Member
There's no doubt the gentleman did exceptionally well under the circumstances. I was cheering behind the screen as bullets were raining on his vehicle. However, people should also note that this is not the first such successful evasive driving in industry under siege from highly coordinated syndicates. There has been a few others. It shows what the industry is going through at the moment.

Absolutely. It is imperative that these drivers get this type of training. But the fact remains, having an ex-task force member in this vehicle is a much bigger bonus. Defensive driving is all part of their training and ongoing excercises. In addition, he alone is a trained killing machine. Part of their training is continuous deadly shooting. These guys barely miss when they aim and fire. So, like I said before, under the circumstances, he alone was sufficient to handle ten or more attackers. He would probably have filled a morgue if they decided to stop and take him on. That is the only advantage they had with him behind the wheel.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Absolutely. It is imperative that these drivers get this type of training. But the fact remains, having an ex-task force member in this vehicle is a much bigger bonus. Defensive driving is all part of their training and ongoing excercises. In addition, he alone is a trained killing machine. Part of their training is continuous deadly shooting. These guys barely miss when they aim and fire. So, like I said before, under the circumstances, he alone was sufficient to handle ten or more attackers. He would probably have filled a morgue if they decided to stop and take him on. That is the only advantage they had with him behind the wheel.
Sometimes I don't even know where to start with you, you honestly don't see the difference in a special task force project that has been carefully planned with prior intelligence on the target compared to a random ambush of a lone former special task force member in a totally different environment without all the resource he would have if he was in the police service?

maumau

Honorary Master

I'm sure that's how he drives all the time, part of his training.

Oldfut

It would not surprise me if some (or all) of his attackers were past or current SAPS or SANDF members.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
It would not surprise me if some (or all) of his attackers were past or current SAPS or SANDF members.
Possible. Also possible that they're ex or current Zim soldiers. At this point, it's difficult to tell what's going on anymore. Media used to release data about suspects' origins but I don't see it anymore.

ponder

Honorary Master
Sometimes I don't even know where to start with you, you honestly don't see the difference in a special task force project that has been carefully planned with prior intelligence on the target compared to a random ambush of a lone former special task force member in a totally different environment without all the resource he would have if he was in the police service?

The stf is usually a rapid reactionary force which gives them little time to prepare.

gottagoon

Executive Member
Champ. You sound very clever.

What experience do you have with the things you talk about in this thread?