The cheapest big month-to-month mobile data bundles in South Africa

DailyTech

That's what I'm also using - R2000 for 200 Gigs on prepaid - the 24 month deal is R899 per month.
It's just kinda temporary - until our Fibre is connected.
But we can easily burn through 200 Gigs as a family of five - YouTube, Facebook and Steam.

Fibre is too expensive.
R2709 for installation. On LTE I get up to 35Mbps, without the aerials in. Fibre you'll only get 4Mbps at a similar price.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Fibre is too expensive.
R2709 for installation. On LTE I get up to 35Mbps, without the aerials in. Fibre you'll only get 4Mbps at a similar price.
But once it's installed, your per gig cost for data is much cheaper on fibre. After one year you will be running cheaper. A fixed line always beats a wireless.

DailyTech

But once it's installed, your per gig cost for data is much cheaper on fibre. After one year you will be running cheaper. A fixed line always beats a wireless.

Where ?
Worked out it will take me 30 months *2.5 years, to recover my R2709. and only get 4 Mbps. always beats it at what ?

Maybe on a LAN yes, for server access to large files, but not WAN, I have plenty clients who use LTE and will not switch to fibre, no need to.

Last edited:

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I'm pretty sure they've scrapped the on-net thing.

I used to get 1gb on and 150mb off but now can use all of it while roaming.

They also used to have separate bundles on and off net but don't anymore.
They have. It's all network data now. And probably the best bang for buck package out there, believe it or not (specially if you know lots of people with TM mobiles and/or make lots of calls to landlines).

Swa

Honorary Master
Rubbish comparison, where's the 100GB and 200GB Cell C bundles? For some reason just because they can be used for a year like all bundles should they are never included.