The cheapest fibre prices ever in South Africa

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
The cheapest fibre prices ever in South Africa

Recent speed upgrades and price cuts by Openserve have sparked a fibre price war which has seen uncapped prices drop to below R400 per month.

Openserve recently announced free fibre speed upgrades for wholesale customers, as well as price cuts across a number of products.

ronald911

Expert Member
Webafrica being all weird with their upload speeds again... But pretty competitve, especially in the normie market, for those who don't value upload speeds as much.

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
When I saw the Supersonic logo, I thought myBB was going to compare "air fibre" as if it was a real fibre connection.

That would be the ultimate troll of the readers.

ponder

Honorary Master
Where do they get the Telkom prices from, I don't see them on their site?

Grep

That's great and all, but try and switch providers, it's a nightmare. If you are able to sit without internet for a few days, then it doesn't apply.

Not saying it's always this case, but having just recently been through this exact process, rather pay extra and know I won't be off.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
For the last time there is no price war. There's only a price war when there's a response. Who has responded to Openserve's price drop?

Ecco

Executive Member
For the last time there is no price war. There's only a price war when there's a response. Who has responded to Openserve's price drop?

Agree, this is not a price war as none of the other fibre providers have reduced price to compete with Openserve.

As long as each provider has a monopoly in an area and there is no alternative, there is no reason for any of them to reduce pricing.

cavedog

Honorary Master
That's great and all, but try and switch providers, it's a nightmare. If you are able to sit without internet for a few days, then it doesn't apply.

Not saying it's always this case, but having just recently been through this exact process, rather pay extra and know I won't be off.

But Openserve and Octotel is the easiest networks to switch ISPs on.

Swa

Honorary Master

Or switch before cancelling. The savings should more than make up paying an extra month or two.