The cheapest smartphones in South Africa that support WhatsApp

blunt

Expert Member
The f up with the Mobicel one (in-laws domestic has one) is the 4GB disk space leaves so little free space you can't run any more apps than what comes with it (in fact it didnt have enough space to run Facebook properly which was already on it). Too little space to have the Play store run properly. I had to download the Whatsapp APK from apkmirror to install the latest version due to the one installed being too old and not running anymore. All this with the phone having only 4MB photos on it.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Everyday Whatsapp boring news.

Whatssapp stopped working recently on one of those Tizen phones, it will stop working on MTN after a year or so.

What about Vodacom Kicka 4?

Fiela

Wonder how many days the battery of the Smart S will last.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Hey why the hate - you know how many people are shopping at this end of the price range? Thank you to every service provider who doesn't neglect the lower end of the market. It is vital to get the poor as connected as possible. If the education system has failed them, then at least put the internet into their hands and let them get exposed to information that way.

Antelope

@Bradley Prior
The mobiwire sakari supports whatsapp
Costs about R150-R200.
I used one about 3 months ago and the whatsapp worked.
PnP, pep etc had it at the time. There wasn't much advertising for it though

raind33r

Expert Member

Lindiswa

Expert Member
the Tizen Z3 is the worst device anyone could have!! its a no from me.

sajunky

Honorary Master
the Tizen Z3 is the worst device anyone could have!! its a no from me.
Yip, I saw one. I would stick with Android Oreo Go if I want a phone with Telegram, or even Whatssapp (if you insist on that).