The confusion in the name " Ipad"

Beri

Expert Member
The confusion in the name

We call it the new Ipad or the Ipad 3. It reminds me of the program on tv called old Christine.
It gets confusing very fast. Is it old Christine or new Christine? Is it the ipad or the ipad 2 or the new ipad 3 that is actually the “new Ipad” In the next 3 years we will be getting the next ipad???? Will that be the “new Ipad 2” or will it be the “newest Ipad”.
Where will it end? Advertising on Gumtree will be a nightmare.
“for sale. One used newest ipad 2 not the new ipad or the ipad 2. Willing to swop for a newest new ipad 3.
Then you have to talk to the sales rep to help you sort out some problems……… lol “ so tell me sir what ipad do you have…….. It will take days to sort out what model you have.
Easy fix….. ipad 1,2,r 3,4,5,6 but that would be to easy and we all know that Steve Jobs never did things the easy way.
Call it what you want…. We all want one
:whistling:

StevenC

Expert Member
If it is free, I will most likely take it... and give it to somebody else. :p
I nominate me :)

Yeah I find the whole naming convention thing a bit lame, but it is just going the way of previous Apple products. I cannot tell you how many times I have had a clueless MacUser come ask me for a Firewire cable, which I then counter with - "which one?" and they proclaim (in the sarcastic hipster monotone) "its for the mac".

Hadoukenfacedesk!

I think sanity will prevail and people will carry on calling it the iPad3. Lets just hope they don't do the same thing with the phones.

Beri

Expert Member
LOL i see the line is forming already. Confusion will rain in the future when it comes to the Ipad. and at incredible connection...lol

icyrus

Executive Member
People still manage to buy iMacs and MacBooks without a version number. Strange.

Keeper

Honorary Master
I think some other products are more confusing...

"Hey! Have you seen the new Samsung LN52A650?"
"Nah, I prefer my trusty old LA40B530, although I'm eying that new LN46D630!
"What you guys talking about, Samsungs? Nah, I prefer the LG32LF20FR..."

*These are actual Products.

Drunkard #1

Expert Member
I think some other products are more confusing...

"Hey! Have you seen the new Samsung LN52A650?"
"Nah, I prefer my trusty old LA40B530, although I'm eying that new LN46D630!
"What you guys talking about, Samsungs? Nah, I prefer the LG32LF20FR..."

*These are actual Products.
Those names are convey a lot of useful information. If you take the time to learn the convention, you're rewarded with a concise, unambiguous way to describe the products. Of course if you're too lazy/stupid to learn a simple naming convention, *cough*mactards*cough* then you deserve the coming idiocracy.

Beri

Expert Member
With all the models available now it makes it difficult for the sales rep. I went to Incredible connection to buy a acer one. The sales lady did not have a clue about the product. She gave me wrong information. Gave me the specs of something else. She eventually went to the back to get the box so that I could read the specs.

GreyBush

Executive Member
With all the models available now it makes it difficult for the sales rep. I went to Incredible connection to buy a acer one. The sales lady did not have a clue about the product. She gave me wrong information. Gave me the specs of something else. She eventually went to the back to get the box so that I could read the specs.
You went to incredible connection and asked for an Acer iPad? No wonder you got confused looks.

Beri

Expert Member
moved to the competition threat
The confusion in the name

We call it the new Ipad or the Ipad 3. It reminds me of the program on tv called old Christine.
It gets confusing very fast. Is it old Christine or new Christine? Is it the ipad or the ipad 2 or the new ipad 3 that is actually the “new Ipad” In the next 3 years we will be getting the next ipad???? Will that be the “new Ipad 2” or will it be the “newest Ipad”.
Where will it end? Advertising on Gumtree will be a nightmare.
“for sale. One used newest ipad 2 not the new ipad or the ipad 2. Willing to swop for a newest new ipad 3.
Then you have to talk to the sales rep to help you sort out some problems……… lol “ so tell me sir what ipad do you have…….. It will take days to sort out what model you have.
Easy fix….. ipad 1,2,r 3,4,5,6 but that would be to easy and we all know that Steve Jobs never did things the easy way.
Call it what you want…. We all want one
:whistling: