The Cov-Idiots Thread (Morons Of The Corona Pandemic)

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I know how science works, thanks
Pleasure.
Can science explain why several of the accounts on the "conservative conspiracy nuts" screenshot are suspended?

Last edited:

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Pleasure.
Can science explain why several of the accounts on the "conservative conspiracy nuts" screenshot are suspended?
You don't need science for that. You just need to read the twitter rules:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
You don't need science for that. You just need to read the twitter rules:
I don't think you have a God-damn clue how science works. I think you, and many others, are merely parrots of packaged narratives, arguments, counter-arguments & memes, conveniently packaged for you by the corporate media, which you sprinkle with a little of your seasoning to make it look like you're knowledgeable.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
I don't think you have a God-damn clue how science works.
I don't think your opinion matters. If I thought you had a clue about how science works I might consider your opinion but you've demonstrated quite comprehensively that you have no clue.
I think you, and many others, are merely parrots of packaged narratives, arguments, counter-arguments & memes, conveniently packaged for you by the corporate media, which you sprinkle with a little of your seasoning to make it look like you're knowledgeable.
Yes, and that's exactly what we think about you when all you do is re-post soundbites out of context, stupid memes and misleading screenshots that you found online, all without any original thought whatsoever. So here we are.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I don't think your opinion matters. If I thought you had a clue about how science works I might consider your opinion but you've demonstrated quite comprehensively that you have no clue.

Yes, and that's exactly what we think about you when all you do is re-post soundbites out of context, stupid memes and misleading screenshots that you found online, all without any original thought whatsoever. So here we are.
You are just like an ANC voter who keeps criticising the DA whilst living in Cape Town.

I can't say I blame you, through. You've not yet realised how deep into it you've sunk.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
You are just like an ANC voter who keeps criticising the DA whilst living in Cape Town.

I can't say I blame you, through. You've not yet realised how deep into it you've sunk.
Sure bud, keep telling yourself that

Gyre

Expert Member
I don't think you have a God-damn clue how science works. I think you, and many others, are merely parrots of packaged narratives, arguments, counter-arguments & memes, conveniently packaged for you by the corporate media, which you sprinkle with a little of your seasoning to make it look like you're knowledgeable.

Had your second jab yet?

Hush9300

Expert Member
According to your graph Sweden's excess deaths came right down when they introduced restrictions in January this year, and lockdown measures in February, as well as starting a vaccination program. Before that it had way higher peaks than the other countries in the list. Supporting my assertion that government interventions have an effect. Thanks!
What are you talking about? These were Sweden's restrictions;

1. Mask recommendation on public transport only
2. Online learning
3. Alcohol sales banned after 22:00

That was December... Schools reopened in January.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
What are you talking about? These were Sweden's restrictions;

1. Mask recommendation on public transport only
2. Online learning
3. Alcohol sales banned after 22:00

That was December... Schools reopened in January.
So more restrictions than previously? There was also a ban on public gatherings of eight or more people, limits on numbers in stores, gyms and on bookable public transport and a stop on serving food and drink after 20:00.

Also, the Swedish culture is different to many other parts of the world, where a recommendation from the health authorities is likely to be followed and precautions taken without the need for lockdown. This can't be used as an example of what would happen elsewhere in the world where citizens are not as sensible/obedient. There's also, for example, the evidence that Sweden's economy did not do any better than its neighbours, despite the lack of strict lockdown, indicating that people took personal responsibility to take 'lockdown' type measures.

Corelli

Expert Member
HAhaha I came across a motivational speaker in Cape Town, who goes on how proudly he motivates people to be better, but in regards to Covid he is saying how we are just guinea pigs for Pfizer and for Fauci. And he advises people against the vaccine. Yip that's what happens when you listen to what Simon says "Ironically simon is his real name"

So much for a motivational spokesperson.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I never said that millions were dying, I was making a point that you requiring bodies piling up in the streets before considering a pandemic dangerous is stupid.
Considering something dangerous and overreacting to it are not the same things. Don't put words in my mouth, ok?

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Considering something dangerous and overreacting to it are not the same things. Don't put words in my mouth, ok?
Sorry, I'll rephrase it.
I never said that millions were dying, I was making a point that you requiring bodies piling up in the streets before thinking it's not overreacting is stupid.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I get why governments did what they did - they followed estimates and numbers given to them by people who were uncertain what to except.

Yet now, a year and a half later we can see how things panned out and that it was an overreaction. All we can hope is that lessons are learned for next time.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I get why governments did what they did - they followed estimates and numbers given to them by people who were uncertain what to except.

Yet now, a year and a half later we can see how things panned out and that it was an overreaction. All we can hope is that lessons are learned for next time.
Doesn't look like it, Roux...
1627647834442.png

Hush9300

Expert Member
So more restrictions than previously? There was also a ban on public gatherings of eight or more people, limits on numbers in stores, gyms and on bookable public transport and a stop on serving food and drink after 20:00.

Most of them were only recommendations apart from the time limit on alcohol. I can't remember exactly.

Also, the Swedish culture is different to many other parts of the world, where a recommendation from the health authorities is likely to be followed and precautions taken without the need for lockdown. This can't be used as an example of what would happen elsewhere in the world where citizens are not as sensible/obedient. There's also, for example, the evidence that Sweden's economy did not do any better than its neighbours, despite the lack of strict lockdown, indicating that people took personal responsibility to take 'lockdown' type measures.

No, it is actually the opposite. Countries like Sweden and developed nations could implement tough interventions but in less fortunate countries it shifted the disease burden onto the abjectly poor and vulnerable. The crux of the matter is that those who propagate these interventions, like yourself, have demanded the poor/vulnerable make unbearable sacrifices (while going hungry) so YOU don't get Covid. Then, when it is all said and done, you're audacious enough to call these very people you demanded make these sacrifices, selfish because they couldn't give a damn about further towing the line and get vaccinated.

Also, by lumping everybody under the same umbrella the risk to the young/healthy was overestimated while the risk the elderly/vulnerable was underestimated. This is like flogging a dead horse but NPI mandates made it seem like the elderly/vulnerable would be safe if they followed these NPI's. Turns out they weren't.