The CPA and newly built houses

Swa

Honorary Master
My guess would be they switched the main hot and cold water pipes. Not too hard to fix if it's in the roof but you wouldn't have the schematics or if you do I bet the placements aren't correct. Are the taps correct if they're colour coded?

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
My guess would be they switched the main hot and cold water pipes. Not too hard to fix if it's in the roof but you wouldn't have the schematics or if you do I bet the placements aren't correct. Are the taps correct if they're colour coded?
All taps make use of a faucet so depending on which way your turning the mixer you get hot or cold.
The shower has cold to the left <- wrong
Basin in en suite has cold on the left <- wrong as well
Bath, cold on the left <- wrong

I think the other faucets are correct from what I recall.

Swa

Honorary Master
Yeah looks like they switched the pipes going to one set. LOL

yebocan

Honorary Master
Good luck, Honey Badger...recently bought a place...besides the kak electrical work that the previous owner got a COC for , I am dealing with shoddy work from the guy that did my renovation. Just created a snag list and going through it. First thing sorted was the electrical works....wanted to mount a new sensor light, should have been just an easy DIY thing...discover the line feeding the current light ..earth and neutral were bonded. That is where I called an electrician....as he put it, very creative wiring....isolators around the place were of lower capacity than their circuit breakers...stove was on a 20A line , when recommendation was 30 and above. Dec tackled the plumbing issues....no plumber's tape was used when upgrade was done....****ing slow leaks everywhere...The thing that irks me the most, all the new toilets are skew...cistern mounts on the base with screws, for some reason ....only one side was properly tightened. That is the next on my list. Fun times.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Good luck, Honey Badger...recently bought a place...besides the kak electrical work that the previous owner got a COC for , I am dealing with shoddy work from the guy that did my renovation. Just created a snag list and going through it. First thing sorted was the electrical works....wanted to mount a new sensor light, should have been just an easy DIY thing...discover the line feeding the current light ..earth and neutral were bonded. That is where I called an electrician....as he put it, very creative wiring....isolators around the place were of lower capacity than their circuit breakers...stove was on a 20A line , when recommendation was 30 and above. Dec tackled the plumbing issues....no plumber's tape was used when upgrade was done....****ing slow leaks everywhere...The thing that irks me the most, all the new toilets are skew...cistern mounts on the base with screws, for some reason ....only one side was properly tightened. That is the next on my list. Fun times.
Thanks, and good luck with your snag list.

My wife called me a few minuets ago to tell me there's someone from the construction company outside and if she should let him in. Told her to let him in and show him all that schit that's going on there.

Even though I do not look forward to them having to do wall breakout jobs, that's what I paid for, so I'll have to live with the inconvenience for a few days.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Aaaand everything has been fixed.

I'm not sure how and where they changed the pipes, but according to my wife the people left. I thought they would have to break the walls.

They're even goign to have the door tinted out of their pocket.