The Craft Beer Thread

Snyper564

Honorary Master
Chatting to Derek as we speak. thanks for this info. Also posted this link for him on WA.
Glad to hear! I thought you might appreciate this the most as you go through the effort of ordering etc.

I believe more than ever we need to do what we can to support local and be vocal about great service. We often go without saying anything and a well placed review or kind work can change another life!

Tinuva

The Magician
Glad to hear! I thought you might appreciate this the most as you go through the effort of ordering etc.

I believe more than ever we need to do what we can to support local and be vocal about great service. We often go without saying anything and a well placed review or kind work can change another life!
Are they on Google maps? I do the effort of leaving reviews there, good and bad experiences.

Shanti1971

Greetings all , thank you for the link to get here .... My name is Derek , I own Fisanthoek Brewery ( Cloud 7 craft beer ) just wanting to extend my thanks for the very positive review. I am a bit out the way but do take care and put love into my beer - happy always when people enjoy the venue and especially the beer . These covid times have been very testing and difficult - I lost my kitchen with having to make adjustments just to survive but slowly getting back on feet , I'm an artist by trade - metalwork mostly so don't have huge capital behind me , just a passion for beer .. Kind regards and greetings from the forest near Plettenberg Bay

Snyper564

Honorary Master
Can highly recommend Red Bridge brewing in knysna. Super chill dudes and they love talking beer.

The other one close by Knysna is sedgefield brewing but I did not enjoy their beers. They recently upgraded so quality will improve but I had some of their old stock and there is defintely a low level infection there.

Also really do stop at RHBC of you can. I enjoy what they do. Fever dream is an awesome black IPA
Planning on heading towards Red Bridge Brewing in the next day or so, do they serve food? Wanna head out for a hike and go there for lunch and tasting but if they don't have food will go there afterwards.

Jitters

Planning on heading towards Red Bridge Brewing in the next day or so, do they serve food? Wanna head out for a hike and go there for lunch and tasting but if they don't have food will go there afterwards.
Theres a cafe infront of the brewery. They do a pretty good toasted sammich.

I wouldnt eat there tbh. If I could make a recommendation rather go do a tasting, grab all their beers(they dont make bad ones) and head over to
http://freshlinefisheries.co.za/ best seafood you will ever eat.
They are byob as they arent licensed, super chill place.

Remember to stop by the cheese man and the meat market on your way to knysna. Lekker cheese and biltong for decent prices.

Enjoy mate, knysna and surrounds is my favorite place in sa.

Snyper564

Honorary Master
Theres a cafe infront of the brewery. They do a pretty good toasted sammich.

I wouldnt eat there tbh. If I could make a recommendation rather go do a tasting, grab all their beers(they dont make bad ones) and head over to
http://freshlinefisheries.co.za/ best seafood you will ever eat.
They are byob as they arent licensed, super chill place.

Remember to stop by the cheese man and the meat market on your way to knysna. Lekker cheese and biltong for decent prices.

Enjoy mate, knysna and surrounds is my favorite place in sa.
Thanks for the heads up will try that out!

Will stop at the cheese man and meat market on our way to storms river also staying there for a few days.

Snyper564

Honorary Master
@Jitters tbanks for the recommendation I can add Red Bridge Brewing to the list of awesome craft breweries. As you said and I echo it no bad beer all great beer and I bought some of everything.

As some of you know I'm not a fan of IPA apparently that's the US IPA I don't like.

They do a English style IPA and it is just beautiful! @MightyQuin i highly recommend this one if you haven't tried it already.

They also have a champagne beer essentially a brut style ale also really good this will be one I attempt to clone.

20211124_161052.jpg
20211124_162557.jpg
20211124_171015.jpg

Snyper564

Honorary Master
Last stop will be tsitsikamma brewery in the next few days will let you know what I think once I have been there.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
@Jitters tbanks for the recommendation I can add Red Bridge Brewing to the list of awesome craft breweries. As you said and I echo it no bad beer all great beer and I bought some of everything.

As some of you know I'm not a fan of IPA apparently that's the US IPA I don't like.

They do a English style IPA and it is just beautiful! @MightyQuin i highly recommend this one if you haven't tried it already.

They also have a champagne beer essentially a brut style ale also really good this will be one I attempt to clone.

View attachment 1200628
View attachment 1200626
View attachment 1200624
Cool man I will...just went onto their site now. Keen on those glasses too.

Jitters

View attachment 1200628
View attachment 1200626
View attachment 1200624
Glad you enjoined it. I'm the same breh not a massive fan of us IPA's but an english IPA is the tits. I just opened this in your honor.

20211124_184106.jpg

If you want to do a brut you will need either gluco enzyme or the new hop enzyme sold by cactus craft. Let me know if you need some tips. I messed with it when I was doing my extract brews.

Enjoy your holiday bud!

Snyper564

Honorary Master
Glad you enjoined it. I'm the same breh not a massive fan of us IPA's but an english IPA is the tits. I just opened this in your honor.

View attachment 1200642

If you want to do a brut you will need either gluco enzyme or the new hop enzyme sold by cactus craft. Let me know if you need some tips. I messed with it when I was doing my extract brews.

Enjoy your holiday bud!
Picked up a tip, first round of fermentation use ale yeast leave it atleast 3 days to a week then do another round of fermentation with champagne yeast to finish the sugar off.

It's done this way so the ale yeast imparts it's flavor before the champagne yeast gobbles up last sugar.

Super excited to make a version of this!

Brewers always happy to share a bit of insight if you show some interest.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
260864384_3181964795371075_4258553597561625309_n.jpg

dc,600x600,queen,bed.jpg