• MMusi saw this poll and resigned.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 23 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sollie

Honorary Master
If you could find an ostrich egg and a lion didn't happen to be behind that dune. It amazes me that city bred people have this misconception of how safe the countryside in primitive times would have been. The only reason primitives ever ran and expended very expensive and valuable energy resources was when they were trying to catch a valuable source of energy or trying not to be caught as a valuable source of energy. Humans were not the top of the food chain in primitive societies.

Ever been on a survival course? That will teach you how difficult the primitives actually had it and why their life expectancy was so low.
In a local context:

At a stage you'd not want to live out in the sticks..

Then at a stage, some people would have loved to live out in the sticks.

Now, nobody wants to live out in the sticks.

:unsure:

yebocan

Honorary Master
Interesting observation.

I agree totally. Your problem arises when part of that collective is a group of globalists. Suddenly you end up labelling a group locally for an even half way around the world. Eventually said group gets gatvol. Paradise lost.

labels are going to be thrown around... truths hurt, the African sun is not made for snowflakes....engage and elevate the discourse ..... trying to elicit an emotive response is not how adults "discourse"

C4Cat

Honorary Master
I see you also have no idea of the difference between a theory and a hypothesis. Seems like there are many with this misconception caused by the lack of STEM subjects in SA schools:

A theory means it is a law that gives satisfactory answers when used to make a prediction. It does not mean "unproven". The word you are looking for is "hypothesis" - a "theory" is something that works and is accepted by everyone as true.

A theory is not something that necessarily always works but the supplied corroborative data suggests that it has transcended from being a mere hypothesis. It only becomes a law until it is proven to work. Newton’s theories became laws when they were repeatedly proven to work. Now we know, even his laws which engineers have successfully applied millions of times, depart from those laws when relative difference frames of reference of the observers approach the speed of light. But in our observable time frame it is a law.
Talking nonsense - this is just a word salad. Theory vs hypothesis is completely irrelevant here

surface

Honorary Master
What did you people do? Why does this thread look like one of Etienne_marais' threads? What rubbish is this about genocide?
Current apartheid party led by a dictatorial president (who is actually a mere mouse under NDZ) is running concentration camps to eliminate minorities.

rietrot

Honorary Master
So, if genocide is happening in South Africa, why are you guys (those who are certain about this genocide) not sponsoring Afriforum to take this case to ICC? And what about DA & VF+ ? Is it fair to say they are silently watching this genocide?

Or do you have no money because of BEE ?
Wow. When your too stupid to understand a scale going from 1 to 10 after it has been explained to you.

Last edited:

Sollie

Honorary Master
labels are going to be thrown around... truths hurt, the African sun is not made for snowflakes....engage and elevate the discourse ..... trying to elicit an emotive response is not how adults "discourse"
Yep, Africa is not for sissies, but it sure doesn't seem like that.

As for elevating the discourse, if we can't do that with integrity, it's a waste of time. Perhaps this will say something of my view of the current audience:
issues.jpeg

Cosmik Debris

Expert Member
well suppose all my years on the farm will come in handy.

No they won't. I'm on a farm. It's very difficult to just walk out of the farmhouse and starting to live off the land. You didn't do that on any farm. You still visited town for supplies and slept in a bed.

Cosmik Debris

Expert Member
Talking nonsense - this is just a word salad. Theory vs hypothesis is completely irrelevant here

No it's not. Why do you think there is a difference between a theory and a hypothesis? So that you can ignore it when it's inconvenient and doesn't suit your argument?

JuliusSeizure

You assume I'm on the right of the political spectrum? How would you know?

Based on your responses here and in political threads, it is evident that you are strongly right-wing to far-right wing in political views (I don't mean that as an insult btw). You definitely are nowhere near the centre or towards the left.

Your reasons for no longer supporting the DA are also very much in alignment with the conservative voters that left the party in 2019.

BTW, I would say Malema is far-left.

Cosmik Debris

Expert Member
Based on your responses here and in political threads, it is evident that you are strongly right-wing to far-right wing in political views (I don't mean that as an insult btw). You definitely are nowhere near the centre or towards the left.

Your reasons for no longer supporting the DA are also very much in alignment with the conservative voters that left the party in 2019.

BTW, I would say Malema is far-left.

Thanks for the analysis. What if I told you that you were wrong and my responses here are completely due to ethics?

rietrot

Honorary Master
Thanks for the analysis. What if I told you that you were wrong and my responses here are completely due to ethics?
Having ethics in modern day politics is a extreme far right position. The crazy lefties would even call it a politically White view to hold. There's no place for ethics in Critical race theory.

How the Overton window have shifted in the last 10 year.

JuliusSeizure

He has been hinting in previous posts that he is not fond of the new leadership but he remained professional throughout this and is going out without a fracas.

Some of his posts hinted at support towards Herman Mashaba so I thought he might end up there but he seems like a guy who has options out of politics so he might just leave.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Whatever his reasons are, it won't look good for the DA with their recent antics. The natural progression would be for him to be groomed for a higher position within the party but thanks to Tony Leon that would also attract undesirable attention.

JuliusSeizure

The natural progression would be for him to be groomed for a higher position within the party but thanks to Tony Leon that would also attract undesirable attention.

It's good for his mental health that he is going out like this. I doubt the DA has any info which they can use to smear him.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
What kind of guy is Baloyi, is he a politician type who is also a good administrator or simply the latter?