Votes: 37 18.0%
  • MMusi saw this poll and resigned.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 23 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrootVoet

Has the dominant faction of the DA not realized by now that Zille is a problem? She almost definitely has cost the party votes.

Her biggest problem she can't keep the truth for herself.

Voters don't like the truth, they like parties that lie and steal from them.

surface

Honorary Master

cr@zydude

Executive Member

ForceFate

Honorary Master
If they don't like it they can always go back to where they came from. Which is it; poor service delivery for the poor or better than where they came from; the ANC EC by many accounts?
That sounds like something someone from EFF would say. Seriously, do you think they'd be there if they didn't genuinely believe there are more opportunities? If I was to miraculously score R20m now, I'd quit the city and go live somewhere quieter.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Her biggest problem she can't keep the truth for herself.

Voters don't like the truth, they like parties that lie and steal from them.
She managed to keep the "truth" to herself throughout her party presidency and for the better part of Maimane's leadership until their fallout, looks like she's a hypocrite.

JuliusSeizure

She managed to keep the "truth" to herself throughout her party presidency and for the better part of Maimane's leadership until their fallout, looks like she's a hypocrite.

Zille is completely absolved of all blame for introducing BEE to the DA. If you bring that up, it will be ignored as though it never happened.

We must only blame Maimane, I thought you knew that.

JuliusSeizure

It looks to me that some people are positioning themselves to be able to jump ship after the elections.

Dawie is normally spot-on and and he does not forecast a positive outcome for the DA under Steenhuisen.

I'm just waiting for what the cop-out will be when he fails to grow the party, I suspect something along the lines of "yes the DA did not grow but he did return it to its original values" and maybe he might save the Premiership for himself.

Even if they gain some of the conservative voters back, there is a colored exodus at the moment and this is an important but often overlooked component of the DA's electorate. They will feel it a bit in the Western Cape and might drift further to the right in response (becoming sympathetic to the "Cape independence" advocates).

rietrot

Honorary Master
Dawie is normally spot-on and and he does not forecast a positive outcome for the DA under Steenhuisen.

I'm just waiting for what the cop-out will be when he fails to grow the party, I suspect something along the lines of "yes the DA did not grow but he did return it to its original values" and maybe he might save the Premiership for himself.

Even if they gain some of the conservative voters back, there is a colored exodus at the moment and this is an important but often overlooked component of the DA's electorate. They will feel it a bit in the Western Cape and might drift further to the right in response (becoming sympathetic to the "Cape independence" advocates).

You pretend that most people who left the DA like or support John and will now return. Thats wrong. They don't. They'll continue to leave the DA. John is worse than Mmusi and he played identity politics just as hard. He is the reason most people in Gauteng left the DA for the VF+ because he attacked afrikaans people.

You can make about the same argument about de Lille in the Cape. The DA dug their own grave, and the infighting still continues so there is no hope for a comeback.
Conservatives don't flip flop easily.

The only problem is the lack of alternatives for some.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
You pretend that most people who left the DA like or support John and will now return. Thats wrong. They don't. They'll continue to leave the DA. John is worse than Mmusi and he played identity politics just as hard. He is the reason most people in Gauteng left the DA for the VF+ because he attacked afrikaans people.

You can make about the same argument about de Lille in the Cape. The DA dug their own grave, and the infighting still continues so there is no hope for a comeback.
Conservatives don't flip flop easily.

The only problem is the lack of alternatives for some
:unsure:
They have something in common with ANC supporters, don't they?:)

There's FF+, ACDP and IFP. There are other smaller parties as well which could eventually form coalition with FF+ if they get enough votes.

Oldfut

That sounds like something someone from EFF would say. Seriously, do you think they'd be there if they didn't genuinely believe there are more opportunities? If I was to miraculously score R20m now, I'd quit the city and go live somewhere quieter.
Well let's see; why is there opportunity elsewhere? Better governance perhaps (Gauteng & WC)? But to leave sh1thole 1 developed because you voted ANC and they stole all the money and failed to deliver services to move to slightly better sh1thole 2 then whine about not getting "service delivery" (and vote for the ANC to get you back to sh1thole 1 status) seems to me Einstein or Forest Gumpish. If you do not like the service you get in the WC, vote DA and get you preferred councillor to lobby for you; something you should have done where you came from.

The EFF have a point; if you cannot change something you don't like; complain for sure, try and change it, but, if this fails for your own peace of mind, shake the dust off your shoes and move on, if you can. Many people have. Don't repeat stupid.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Well let's see; why is there opportunity elsewhere? Better governance perhaps (Gauteng & WC)? But to leave sh1thole 1 developed because you voted ANC and they stole all the money and failed to deliver services to move to slightly better sh1thole 2 then whine about not getting "service delivery" (and vote for the ANC to get you back to sh1thole 1 status) seems to me Einstein or Forest Gumpish. If you do not like the service you get in the WC, vote DA and get you preferred councillor to lobby for you; something you should have done where you came from.

The EFF have a point; if you cannot change something you don't like; complain for sure, try and change it, but, if this fails for your own peace of mind, shake the dust off your shoes and move on, if you can. Many people have. Don't repeat stupid.
People have been leaving the rural provinces for the economic hubs as far as we can all remember, it's not a new phenomenon. The party that's in power is expected to provide services for everyone, even the areas which did not vote for them, the DA is expected to provide services to Langa, Khayelitsha and all the poor areas within the city and and wherever they govern in the province, the people are also allowed to complain if they are not happy, no one is going nowhere, everyone is a resident of the city.

surface

Honorary Master
:unsure:
They have something in common with ANC supporters, don't they?:)

There's FF+, ACDP and IFP. There are other smaller parties as well which could eventually form coalition with FF+ if they get enough votes.
No equivalence. DA supporters were traumatized by concentration camps. ANC supporters had a easy life and now they get to enjoy BEE tenders

/s in case.