Do the DA need a new leader?

• Yes

Votes: 101 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 18.5%

• Total voters

BBSA

Honorary Master
Growth vs Win. There's no doubt they won't unseat the ANC in the next few decades, but they can see meaningful growth if they play their cards tactically well.
I can not see any growth for them if they inbrace race-based policies and identity politics. Yes, sadly, there are many who supports that but they would rather vote ANC or EFF.

surface

Executive Member
What does it matter if helen suzman was part of IRR leadership back then? Thuli madonsela was the leadership in PP offices back then.

Eniigma

Expert Member
Unless the people in general start to support self determination seems a better analysis, without self determination (for all of the most major ethnic groups) the FF+ has no reason to exist. They simply started as a Afrikaner party because that group had the most interest..... the more "black government" screws up the more people will realize the "rainbow nation" will never actually materialize. The coup de graz of course will be strong lasting ties between the FF+, IFP and perhaps COPE.
Totally dissagree with that statement. I could give two rats about self determination, what draws me to the FF+ is they are more right alligned then almost every other party in SA. The major parties like DA, ANC, EFF, COPE, etc are so far down the liberal left path they can't even see the center anymore. The ACDP and FF+ are the only major parties that have not gone down that path. I don't think religion and politics belong anywhere in the same space, so that leaves the FF+ as the only option for me, at least on the provicial level. On the national I'd still go with the purple cow people as they have the best policys to suit my needs (an many others) hence there is a need. Should they go away before the next elections, then as things stand the only place for many people is the FF+

I wish they'd include people of colour in leadership and drop the rep of being a white afrikana party, but still to their right/conservative roots.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Totally dissagree with that statement. I could give two rats about self determination, what draws me to the FF+ is they are more right alligned then almost every other party in SA. The major parties like DA, ANC, EFF, COPE, etc are so far down the liberal left path they can't even see the center anymore. The ACDP and FF+ are the only major parties that have not gone down that path. I don't think religion and politics belong anywhere in the same space, so that leaves the FF+ as the only option for me, at least on the provicial level. On the national I'd still go with the purple cow people as they have the best policys to suit my needs (an many others) hence there is a need. Should they go away before the next elections, then as things stand the only place for many people is the FF+

I wish they'd include people of colour in leadership and drop the rep of being a white afrikana party, but still to their right/conservative roots.
Does this not constitute religion and politics in the same space?
Premise: "A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps"

The FF Plus aspires to a political system based on Christian values that is characterised by the principles of justice, truth, love of one's neighbour, respect for life, loyalty and a peaceful co-existence.
It's an extract from their 2019 elections manifesto?

Given their conservatism and the fact that their predecessors were tied to the church, can one safely hypothise they're also somehow tied to the church? Or is this a carry-on relic of their past used to appease their religious constituency?

As for the purple cow, I think they're too idealistic. They make the right noises but people will crunch the numbers at crucial times and opt for more established options (in your case, FF+).

Eniigma

Expert Member
Does this not constitute religion and politics in the same space?

It's an extract from their 2019 elections manifesto?

Given their conservatism and the fact that their predecessors were tied to the church, can one safely hypothise they're also somehow tied to the church? Or is this a carry-on relic of their past used to appease their religious constituency?

As for the purple cow, I think they're too idealistic. They make the right noises but people will crunch the numbers at crucial times and opt for more established options (in your case, FF+).
Purhaps.

There is a big difference in my book at least between them.
ACPD are christians first, politians second, the FF are the oppersite way around. At least that's the way I see it. In the grand scheme it might not be a huge difference though.

At much as I like everything about the purple cow, I think they did too little to late, They really should be out there now spreading their ideas and getting people talking about them. Otherwise they'll just wait till 3 months before the next election and same result.

BBSA

Honorary Master
Mashaba and Malema is on the same WhatsApp group.

I wonder if the DA will take steps against him?