• MMusi saw this poll and resigned.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 23 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ForceFate

Honorary Master
The point is that previously this country could build power stations regularly in time. Since 'freedom' that capacity seems to have evaporated. Can you fault this point?
I'm curious. Nothing political. When did construction at Majuba power station start? Last unit was commissioned in the 90s.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I'm curious. Nothing political. When did construction at Majuba power station start? Last unit was commissioned in the 90s.

1983 would be when construction kicked off, and it took nearly 20 years for it to be all completed and connected to the grid.

So by that measure we still have another 5 or so years before Medupi or Kusile are finally complete. Yay!

lexity

Expert Member
You can't have it all or nothing. Well you can have nothing( or all of it depending on your point of view), but if you are Libertarian or Ancap their is a long way to go -> anyone better than the current government. Before we get anything more reasonable.
I do thee hear.

But if you classify the original problem as simply 'the failure to prosecute criminal acts', the solution is not all that complicated.

Easy to implement? Well, that is a completely different question.

'Simple' doesn't necessarily mean 'easy'.

Human beings have a long track record of having great difficulty implementing simple solutions.

p.s. libertarian/ancaps/voluntaryists are not really introducing much that is new, rather it's mostly just a new level of consistency, when it comes to practising what you preach. I mean most of what they advocate is stuff that is very familiar to anyone that has children and wants to teach them the basic formula for a better life: don't hit others or take their stuff, and if someone hits you, then you can defend yourself with the same amount of force.

Last edited:

Sollie

Honorary Master
Try not to post quotes which can't be backed up. By my count Kusile has brought 3 units online.

On the second image, which station is that was built between 1991 and 2021? I can see an argument to include both Majuba and Medupi.
Majuba was started way before, so I don't think you can count it.

As for the rest, if they were designed for driving blinking Christmas lights, on - off - on - off ... , sure, count them.

Sollie

Honorary Master
You could say 0 coal-fired power stations, as I said, there are arguments to say that 0, 1 or 2 coal-fired stations were built between 1991 and 2021.

The image shows coal-fired power stations, but I refers to power stations. In that case, why not count the Sere wind farm?
While I don't like to include pumped storage as a 'power station' other sources do include them, so maybe Ingula should be on the list too.

I'm pointing out problems with the image which you posted.
So, would you rather prefer?:
The ANC wanted power.
They got into power.
Since then the country has been losing power.

Sollie

Honorary Master
Majuba was started way before, so I don't think you can count it.

As for the rest, if they were designed for driving blinking Christmas lights, on - off - on - off ... , sure, count them.

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, ...
index.jpg

surface

Honorary Master
I remember days when we used to start from home early morning, build the power plant and come back only when it is done. No one was allowed to go home till it is finished.

Has this been posted yet?

Sollie

Honorary Master
I remember days when we used to start from home early morning, build the power plant and come back only when it is done. No one was allowed to go home till it is finished.

Has this been posted yet?
Exactly the problem. You need a usage projection, planning etc ... the result takes over a decade to start producing. It's not a case of throwing a tender and some money out there once there's a problem - then you're at least a decade and a half too late.

Sollie

Honorary Master
I am not from english speaking household like you. Remember when you stressed that ?
How long have you been here? Yet you still don't have a buddy that can translate for you? It says something, explains even more ...