• MMusi saw this poll and resigned.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 23 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BBSA

Honorary Master
I will never get that because identity politics was introduced into the party before he became leader, he was able to become leader ahead of more established leaders in the party because of identity politics, I think DA supporters preferred him when they had the confidence of Zille watching over him, they trusted him and liked him because it was Zille who bestowed him unto them, the problem started when he became independent and the fallout with Zille just made things worse for him.

If DA supporters had a problem with identity politics they would have had a problem when Zille presented some unknown young guy with no known history in the party as her successor, they would have objected back then, but because they trusted Zille more with identity politics try did not.

They trusted Zille when she introduced identity politics in the party, and they also trusted her when she came back from retirement to tell them that identity politics is not good and she is now back to make things right.
As I said earlier, Mmusi did not engage in identify politics in the first few years of his leadership. He had success without it, and then for some silly reasons he started.

Really sad.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
As I said earlier, Mmusi did not engage in identify politics in the first few years of his leadership. He had success without it, and then for some silly reasons he started.

Really sad.
So Helen engaged in identity politics and you did not mind, Mmusi does the same and you mind, looks like you are more concerned in either, the person doing the identity politics or the manner in which the identity politics are done, am I right?

BBSA

Honorary Master
So Helen engaged in identity politics and you did not mind, Mmusi does the same and you mind, looks like you are more concerned in either, the person doing the identity politics or the manner in which the identity politics are done, am I right?
Did I ever say anything like that.

Do not make up stories, comrade.

Oldfut

Did I ever say anything like that.

Do not make up stories, comrade.
Eish don't fall into the childish hole of labelling (it is like wrestling with a pig), rather identify the actual instances that you didn't like. For me, Mmusi's knee jerk about the Schweizer Reinecke teacher and made up racism. Silly to follow the ANC's ways.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Eish don't fall into the childish hole of labelling (it is like wrestling with a pig), rather identify the actual instances that you didn't like. For me, Mmusi's knee jerk about the Schweizer Reinecke teacher and made up racism. Silly to follow the ANC's ways.
I'd agree with you about identifying instances which were plain stupid. However, to claim only he was involved in identity politics is a little dishonest. All political parties in ZA are built around some form of race identity (blame our history).

BBSA

Honorary Master
Mmusi tweeted this before getting any facts:

I know many people who lost their respect for him because of this.

Last edited:

TheChamp

Honorary Master

I know many people who lost their respect for him for doing this.
Saying things without facts is no big deal though as far as the DA leadership is concerned, Helen alleged that the ConCourt is in bed with the ANC, without any facts, and she got plenty of support from her worshippers in the DA, again it looks like DA supporters are happy to hold their leaders to different standards depending on who the leader in question is?

ForceFate

Honorary Master

I know many people who lost their respect for him because of this.
The only reason one would vote for the DA, especially one from middle class parts of the WC, is their clean governance. To suggest the current leadership is beyond reproach is a little... typical of hardcore ANC/EFF supporter thing.

No party/politician is immune to criticism.

Howdy

Saying things without facts is no big deal though as far as the DA leadership is concerned, Helen alleged that the ConCourt is in bed with the ANC, without any facts, and she got plenty of support from her worshippers in the DA, again it looks like DA supporters are happy to hold their leaders to different standards depending on who the leader in question is?
It's rather amusing how anally precise you can be on certain things, yet when it comes to others you deliberately dumb down.

“All Truth passes through three phases, first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, third it is accepted as being self-evident.”

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
They trusted Zille when she introduced identity politics in the party, and they also trusted her when she came back from retirement to tell them that identity politics is not good and she is now back to make things right.

Nope. Some of us suspended votes for the DA when Zille lost her Germanic decorum and jumped up and down on a stage.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
“All Truth passes through three phases, first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, third it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Firstly, you can credit Arthur Schopenhauer for the quote.
Secondly, that doesn't mean everything that was ridiculed, opposed and then accepted is the truth. The same is often the case for BS too

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master

You're deflecting. Ashwin Willemse was found to be in the wrong about his outburst. Mmusi defended Willemse.