• MMusi saw this poll and resigned.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 23 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
They lost a lot of votes going after the FF+ like that. Don't seem to be learning, the FF+ sympathising DA supporters are a bit sensitive and fickle.
I doubt it. The FF+ stance on this is not good on the optics. Most probably will be losing voters to the DA because of this.

nightjar

Executive Member
I vaguely remember reports about the DA giving staff salary increases in 2020 after the lockdown was imposed but I Google fails to turn up any info.
Does anyone have anything definite?

TheChamp

Honorary Master

surface

Honorary Master
I give credit where credit is due.

You are now expressing your views in a fair manner instead of link-dropping as before. At least now we can some healthy debate and engagement.

Keep it up!
#ancfreezone indeed. Wait till JS hears about tenders I got to bus in the refugees.. :ROFL: :ROFL:

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

I am often puzzled about the root cause of this collective failure, and draw the following conclusion: despite all the evidence to the contrary, certain analysts still regard the ANC as a benign and well-meaning organisation with a few rotten apples, rather than a thoroughly malevolent organisation with a few good eggs. I’ve recognised this since my activist days in the 1980s.

Yet, the analysts wasted no time in attacking my insinuation about a possible leak from the court. There are scores of individuals, other than judges, attached to the court, who would have been in the know.

If anything, the IEC’s response merely reinforces my theory, since there was a postponement, which the ANC took full advantage of.

It is also absurd to claim the ANC’s attempt to capture the judiciary is a figment of my imagination. On the contrary, I believe it is well under way. These are the facts:

• President Cyril Ramaphosa conceded under oath before the Zondo commission that the ANC’s deployment committee discussed deployments to the bench;
  • Sydney Mufamadi said under oath that his probe of the intelligence services revealed a slush fund in the State Security Agency for bribing judges. (He did not say whether any judges were bribed, however.);
  • The composition of the JSC has been structured to ensure a majority for ANC MPs and ANC appointees;
  • During my decade-long tenure on the JSC, the ANC delegation clearly arrived with a mandate, which meant interviews were a façade; and
  • Judge John Hlophe tried to sway judges to rule in favour of Jacob Zuma, though it took 12 years for the JSC to support his impeachment.

Glad that Zille is still fighting the good fight.

MSM is also captured.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
The DA’s magic number is 24 – as in 24% support nationally in the 2021 municipal poll when, for the first time, the party is fielding a candidate in every ward. Much is at stake also for DA leader John Steenhuisen, in his first time fronting an election.

Steenhuisen acknowledges that some of those who did not support the DA in 2019 would never return.

“I am not going to take the DA down a rabbit hole to get those people back. My focus is on winning more people in the middle ground. I want the DA to be that rational centre.”

I wonder what he'll say if the DA doesn't get 24% of the vote.

Also, how should we calculate the DA’s total percentage of the vote? I think that local elections get difficult, since people in metropolitan areas vote on 2 ballots but people outside of metros vote on 3 ballots.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member

Also, how should we calculate the DA’s total percentage of the vote? I think that local elections get difficult, since people in metropolitan areas vote on 2 ballots but people outside of metros vote on 3 ballots.

The core electorate will blame Maimane, the signs point to that.

Zille and Steenhuisen are immune from all criticism.

Last edited:

surface

Honorary Master

Glad that Zille is still fighting the good fight.

MSM is also captured.
Zuma must be shattered. He was thinking of things when HZ said she is fond of Zuma. And now his dreams are in shambles.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member

Unless he is genuinely being realistic or trying to play mind games and surprise people like Jose Mourinho, that should be concerning.

Usually, parties score less than what they target.

Politicians usually intentionally give an optimistic number that they know they will probably not achieve but still work towards that just to keep the staff, voters and campaign team motivated.

His staff will be less motivated by him saying 24% rather than them aiming for an all time high 30% which he should have done.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
It is now in another thread. Trigger warning though - it is not ANC friendly.
Yes, I saw the posts, I just don't understand why you resort to being the victim instead of rolling with the punches though, surely you deserve what you are getting?