Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • Please change the thread title

Votes: 10 4.5%

• Total voters

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Sad thing is that she is going to drag Steenhuisen down with her.

He is causing it for himself. He is too passive to her.

I used to be a big fan of him in his earlier days, he is a smart politician but maybe just not cut out for leadership.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
He is causing it for himself. He is too passive to her.

I used to be a big fan of him in his earlier days, he is a smart politician but maybe just not cut out for leadership.
I don't think he has much in terms of choice, but it would have been nice for the guy to get a chance to run the party and fail or succeed on his own.

Howdy

Expert Member
Many are begrudging the DA's 'identity crisis'.

The ANC does not have one, it is 100% pure evil and corruptness.
How can you say that? Who are they? The RETers or the NewDawners? Will the true ANC please step forward.

lexity

Expert Member
Yup, they've been contesting elections since 2009 and have collected fewer votes than @lexity has MyBB posts.
I think the Cape Independence Party(previously Cape Party) will tell you at least part of the reason may have to do with the DA telling Cape voters not to vote for smaller parties because it will dilute the anti-ANC majority, thereby opening the door to the ANC in the WC.

I personally know people who were pretty shocked when they found out this was a totally false assertion to make.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I think the Cape Independence Party(previously Cape Party) will tell you at least part of the reason may have to do with the DA telling Cape voters not to vote for smaller parties because it will dilute the anti-ANC majority, thereby opening the door to the ANC in the WC.

I personally know people who were pretty shocked when they found out this was a totally false assertion to make.
Maybe they mean voting for a small party you need x number of votes for a seat. That party doesn't get x number so no seat, if those votes went to the DA, there is more chance to get a seat?

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

It's not a false assertion.

wingnut771

Honorary Master

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Yes it is
Real life example:

Berg, the sole Irasa councillor in Ekurhuleni, confirmed that he voted for the ANC. A former DA councillor and staunch critic of the ANC, Berg said: “I had only two choices. I voted for a candidate who lives in Ekurhuleni. Yes, I voted for Mzwandile Masina. I could not vote for someone who lives in Joburg.

IRASA voters put the ANC into power.

lexity

Expert Member
So a party needs 5000 votes for a seat. Now imagine there are 10 small parties that get 4000 votes each. That's 40000 votes gone to waste instead of them voting for a bigger party, I think this is what the DA is saying. What they're not saying is as long as people all vote for the same "small party" then the votes are not wasted.
Well, who is saying there are 10 parties that differ with the DA in respect to independence?

Also, remember the Cape Independence Party has said their strategy is to gain sufficient votes to play the role as King-maker. So that would be looking to use their votes to influence the DA in so far as calling for a referendum on independence is concerned.

That would involve a coalition.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Well, who is saying there are 10 parties that differ with the DA in respect to independence?

Also, remember the Cape Independence Party has said their strategy is to gain sufficient votes to play the role as King-maker. So that would be looking to use their votes to influence the DA in so far as calling for a referendum on independence is concerned.

That would involve a coalition.
Lets forget about the cape and independence and talk about wasting votes. 10 parties was a hypothetical number. If you take all the parties that got votes but no seats and hypothetically lump all those votes to the DA, they would get a **** load of extra seats. But I hear you, cape exit should get some seats, needs a voice.

lexity

Expert Member
Lets forget about the cape and independence and talk about wasting votes. 10 parties was a hypothetical number. If you take all the parties that got votes but no seats and hypothetically lump all those votes to the DA, they would get a **** load of extra seats. But I hear you, cape exit should get some seats, needs a voice.
Not when 56% of DA supporters, in the WC, have signaled outright support for independence, with 65% indicating support for at least a referendum on independence..... and the DA has refused to talk about it.

Do you see what's happening, here? The DA is conflicted.... and is in a very awkward position with regards to most of its WC voters.

An it's not just the CIP. The FF+, who are also pro-Cape Independence, are licking their chops at the sight of that 65%, who are effectively being ignored.

It must be said that the DA is apparently trying to push through some legislation to make the law reflective of the right for premiers to call referendums. Shortly before they announced this, Alan Winde was saying referendums are not the appropriate democratic instrument for implementing changes.

So they have clearly been caught with their pants around their ankles.

To boot, you have 19% of voters saying they could change the party they vote for based on which parties support Cape Independence.

Last edited: