• MMusi saw this poll and resigned.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 23 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Not sure what "recovery" he is speaking about here. The refusal to divulge the parties internal polling does not look good.

He should have stated that the party should target 30% (even if they don't get that, at least it will keep his campaign team, staff and electorate motivated).

Talk about a man counting his chickens in advance.

Last edited:

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Not sure what "recovery" he is speaking about here. The refusal to divulge the parties internal polling does not look good.

He should have stated that the party should target 30% (even if they don't get that, at least it will keep his campaign team, staff and electorate motivated).

“Yes, small parties can affect the DA. Take for instance a ward where the DA has a small majority but is able to hang on to that seat, and then you have smaller parties who are not interested in taking on the ANC but want to be an opposition to the opposition.”

Zille briefed him well

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
There have been several on Mybb from the far-right users but odd how you never question it then.

Of course. MyBB only has far right users when they don't agree with you. There are never centre, centre right or right users. Only far right...

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
A few posters in this thread have tried to falsely accuse Maimane of introducing BEE to the party policy.

This article includes a DA pamphlet from 2014 when Zille was leader when it explicitly mentions that the "DA supports BEE".

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
A few posters in this thread have tried to falsely accuse Maimane of introducing BEE to the party policy.

This article includes a DA pamphlet from 2014 when Zille was leader when it explicitly mentions that the "DA supports BEE".

Zille may have introduced it but Maimane pushed it. But that's irrelevant to me as I had suspended my vote for the DA by 2014 already.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

What exactly does the pamphlet say about BEE? let me give you the speech:

I am proud to call the Democratic Alliance my political home. It is a party that is working hard to make South Africa a better place.

Every one of our policies is designed to put right the wrongs of apartheid and to fight for equality.
That is why the DA supports Black Economic Empowerment, Land Reform and Social Grants.

We support genuinely broad-based BEE; not BEE that empowers the same people who always get deals and tenders, while the rest of us remain unempowered.

Everybody who suffered under Apartheid must benefit from BEE, not just the friends and family of politicians.

Quite simply: We support BEE that creates jobs.

We support land reform that gives people back the land that was taken from them. We support land reform that is done sustainably so that all may benefit from the richness of our soil.

And we must hold title deeds for the land, to make ownership real, and to let us access capital against the land.

We support social grants that help lift people out of poverty.

Social grants must never make people dependent on the government for their survival. Social grants must be the first step on a ladder towards prosperity.

And I am committed to creating jobs.

We know that a job is a pathway out of poverty and the key to restoring dignity.

Every day you read stories in the newspaper about how many jobs are being lost. But you don’t read about the indignity it causes to the people who lose those jobs.

Interesting.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Interesting.

We support land reform that gives people back the land that was taken from them. We support land reform that is done sustainably so that all may benefit from the richness of our soil.

Oh great. So Maimane and the DA should have supported this but were very quiet about it until their voters left them for another political home:

1. All the land between the Tugela and Buffalo rivers including the Port of Durban was given to the British by the Zulu King Mpande for their help in a tribal war.

2. The King of Swaziland has stated that the entire Mpumalanga was gifted to the Boers by his ancestor.

3. The Boer Republics of Stellaland and Goshen were signed over to the Boers by the Griqua chief. It's in the deeds office and the biggest land claim in South Africa which the ANC doesn't want known.

4 The Khoisan Chief Jan Bantjies witnessed the land transaction between Piet Retief and Dingane, which Dingane reneged on by murdering Piet Retief.

5. There were no blacks south of the Great Fish River nor in the Northern Cape. Ever heard of the Eiselen Line?

All my own work @JuliusSeizure so if you find it in a reverse search, I wrote it originally. Before i get accused of plagiarism again...

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Isn't the IFP quite popular in KZN? Or am I mistaken?

The EFF are actually not big in Durban and there's little chance of them winning. It seems to be a region that they are targeting growth in and so they are probably saying this to motivate their campaign team and staff.

If the ANC is topped in KZN, it will have to be through an IFP/DA coalition.

The EFF are actually not big in Durban and there's little chance of them winning. It seems to be a region that they are targeting growth in and so they are probably saying this to motivate their campaign team and staff.

If the ANC is topped in KZN, it will have to be through an IFP/DA coalition.

I seem to recall that the EFF recorded extraordinary growth in KZN in 2019 compared to 2014. So mainly areas outside of Durban but not heavily Zulu?