Votes: 9 3.9%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • Please change the thread title

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Are you criticising the DA because you love them? Will you keep voting for them and hope they can do better?
I think that boat sailed already
One faction totally undermined the other, then threw them under bus when the results came in.

So in essence they just gave up trying to be a viable alternative to the ANC, to pander to a minority of the population.

I think that some of the people in this thread fail to understand that a lot of the DA detractors here were actually quite happy with them at some point, because they were going to be a decent counter to the party that will still be in power for the indefinite future. The hopes of a strong opposition is no longer in the hands of the DA, we feel

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
I think that boat sailed already
One faction totally undermined the other, then threw them under bus when the results came in.

So in essence they just gave up trying to be a viable alternative to the ANC, to pander to a minority of the population.

I think that some of the people in this thread fail to understand that a lot of the DA detractors here were actually quite happy with them at some point, because they were going to be a decent counter to the party that will still be in power for the indefinite future. The hopes of a strong opposition is no longer in the hands of the DA, we feel

This is on point. A lot of the posters here who complain about unfair criticism to the DA are so strongly aligned to the faction that controls it that they are either oblivious to or don't see the flaws of the new leadership.

They could see the leadership flaws understandably under Maimane but can't now.

PrimeSteak

Expert Member
A tad off topic but check this out:

The SAPS essentially bashing people standing around with riot shields, awesome. Strengthens the argument to devolve policing to the provinces instead of centralizing it.

(P.S I enjoy some of the arguments in the thread essentially saying that this is nothing and ok, cause no one got killed or gravely injured or bloodied. Still, this is highly unfair and qualifies as police brutality.
Police brutality is the excessive and unwarranted use of force by law enforcement. - Google
It doesn't mean someone has to die or be gravely injured for events to qualify as police brutality.
And last I checked a policeman doesn't need to bash unarmed people just standing around with riot shields)

C4Cat

Honorary Master

The SAPS essentially bashing people standing around with riot shields, awesome. Strengthens the argument to devolve policing to the provinces instead of centralizing it.

(P.S I enjoy some of the arguments in the thread essentially saying that this is nothing and ok, cause no one got killed or gravely injured or bloodied. Still, this is highly unfair and qualifies as police brutality.

It doesn't mean someone has to die or be gravely injured for events to qualify as police brutality.
And last I checked a policeman doesn't need to bash unarmed people just standing around with riot shields)
What about the EFF :ROFL:

PrimeSteak

Expert Member
What about the EFF :ROFL:
A bit cringe I agree, but a misguided good point. The SAPS does jackshit when it comes to massive violent protests (mostly championed by ANC/EFF voters/politicians) but when it's a peaceful protest with no armed participants, the SAPS whips out riot shields, water cannons, the whole nine yards and beats the **** out of the protesters. The gov should honestly dissolve the SAPS at this point, they're ****ing useless anyway

wingnut771

Honorary Master

What's happening here? What's the protest for? What issue did the police have? Next time they should just club the police back, self defense and all, mob justice, the only justice there seems to be in this country.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
A bit cringe I agree, but a misguided good point. The SAPS does jackshit when it comes to massive violent protests (mostly championed by ANC/EFF voters/politicians) but when it's a peaceful protest with no armed participants, the SAPS whips out riot shields, water cannons, the whole nine yards and beats the **** out of the protesters. The gov should honestly dissolve the SAPS at this point, they're ****ing useless anyway

There's more...

ForceFate

Honorary Master
NUMSA not EFF but I suppose there's not much difference.
NUMSA used to be ANC ally. I have seen videos of police dispersing EFF aligned students at universities.

Remember when they shot dead that gentleman who had nothing to do with student strike in Braamfontein?

PrimeSteak

Expert Member
Here's some more footage of "The SAPS does jackshit when it comes to massive violent protests (mostly championed by ANC/EFF voters/politicians) "
Nice sarcasm there
https://tenor.com/view/tpb-trailer-park-boys-ricky-to-****-off-gif-19480783

Ghost64

Expert Member

What are they protesting? Are they anti vaxxers?

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
This is the second time in a week Steenhuisen has basically been embarrassed by his own party

"The DA distanced itself from comments made by its leader John Steenhuisen after he reportedly gave the thumbs up for the City of Cape Town to use golf courses for housing opportunities in the city."

TheChamp

Honorary Master
This is the second time in a week Steenhuisen has basically been embarrassed by his own party

"The DA distanced itself from comments made by its leader John Steenhuisen after he reportedly gave the thumbs up for the City of Cape Town to use golf courses for housing opportunities in the city."

That's why they fight so much with Cyril, they are both puppets who sometimes get carried away.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
That's why they fight so much with Cyril, they are both puppets who sometimes get carried away.

It's very hard to recover when the party votes against the leader. This is going to be a real test of character for JS and if he makes more mistakes, his delegates will start losing respect for him as a leader. It is possible to recover but he now needs to be very strategic and calculated.

The same things only started happening to MM towards the end of his leadership and it's already happening to JS in the early stages.

Malema gets rid of EFF members who oppose him on sight. As much as most of us agree that Malema is an idiot which he is. He's politically intelligent and this is how he has stood the test of time against people who are much more academically smarter than him, even within his own party.

I do think JS has a role to play in politics, he was fantastic as a Chief Whip but I had reservations about him as a leader. Some apologists here took offence and mistook it as me having a hatred for him but here are things playing out in front of their eyes.

If JS does not recover, I think HZ will go down with him this time.